2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

31 minutes ago, MookieMonster said:

Remember when people said how stupid Boston was for trading back and "missing out" on Ball and Fultz to get Tatum and ANOTHER lottery pick? icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Remember when that was before they traded for Kyrie?

I don't want to panic with the Cavaliers right now because Isiah Thomas isn't there, but their team defense is so awful.  Obviously Thomas will not help their defense improve, but he will help offensively and take some of the load off of LeBron.  It's really hard to bet against the Cavs in the postseason within the Eastern Conference just because of LeBron.

24 minutes ago, MookieMonster said:

Even so...Tatum has looked far superior in a limited sample size. Fultz is a mess.

No one knew a 40 3PT% college shooter was gonna change his shot so he wouldn't even take a shot further than 12 feet. Plus he was hurt while playing, not fair to judge him yet.

24 minutes ago, MookieMonster said:

You take BPA, Fultz and Ball have both looked like inferior prospects to Tatum. 

It hasn't even been anywhere near half of a season yet.  Lets give them some more time before we start saying that.  And also, you don't have to tell me about how good Jayson Tatum is or will be.  One of the last post I made on the old forum was this one:

Jayson Tatum is going to be special. His offensive game is already very polished. His skill set is extremely high and he can get his shot off on anyone. Tatum excels in the mid-range with the ability to finish at the basket and stretch it out to three point range. I think Tatum was the safest pick in the draft and one the Celtics will not regret. In three to four years, Tatum will be a 22-25 point per game scorer in this league and a focal point for the Boston Celtics offense.

Archived