2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

I think he's saying Rose was the same player post ACL as he was during MVP season, it's just that he was smart enough to see it back then and now, and we aren't.

Rose also never let Butler develop because clearly he had some sort of negative impact on him during practice while on crutches while "THIS GUY GOT HALF OF HIS BODY TORN OFF BY A SHARK AND HE'LL RETURN BEFORE DERRICK ROSE LOLOLOLOLOL" memes were a hawt mess.

1 hour ago, tonyto36 said:

No I very much remember how people thought Rose was good.

Those same people said Rose had not enough help and he carried them and no one who could shoot.

That team had Jimmy Butler, Kyle Korver, Joakhim Noah, Luol Deng, Carlos Boozer, Rip Hamilton and the best backup center in the NBA (at the time) in Asik, along with a good backup guard in Watson.  That team was loaded.  Rose made the talent around him look worse than it was.  That team literally had 6 all stars outside of Rose that all looked like garbage on offense because Rose was such a terrible teammate with a low bball IQ and poor passer.

"Rose doesn't have enough help!"  (Same team had 6 all stars on it, including three guys who had yet to become all stars after Rose left/they left Chicago -ie weren't burdened by him)

I said it then and was proven right by time.  Rose sucked.  Part of his regression was his injury, but part of it was he just wasn't as good as people expected.  Injury sapped his athleticism which was the only thing getting him by and then he had nothing left; AND the media stopped hyping him and started looking at him rationally.  It's just the narrative wasn't "Rose was never particularly good" it was "Rose is the only player to suffer an ACL injury in the past decade and be significantly worse after it".

As with this post and subsequent posts, you have proven you clearly don't remember. 

Jimmy Butler?Rip Hamilton? CJ Watson? Lol. Terrible teammate? You would know, right? 

42 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

No, he never got to play with a peaking Butler. After Rose tore his ACL the following season after winning the MVP, he was never the same. So even when Butler started coming to his own, Rose was no longer at his best. 

Like didn't Jimmy start getting more minutes until like 2013-14? 

11 minutes ago, Mossburg said:

If both Simmons and Embiid get close to their potential ceilings and have a Kobe-Shaq type feud (plz no :() and the Sixers are forced to make a choice, who would you pick?

Simmons. You could rely on him being there more than Embiid. And he may just end up being the better player eventually as well. 

5 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Like didn't Jimmy start getting more minutes until like 2013-14? 

In 2012-2013 he started to make his mark. That's when I became a fan when he wouldn't back down from LeBron in the playoffs. Guarded him as well as you could.

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

In 2012-2013 he started to make his mark. That's when I became a fan when he wouldn't back down from LeBron in the playoffs. Guarded him as well as you could.

Rose, Noah, Butler and Boozer have all been trash in the post season.. That team ran on try hard's going 100% on D. They were never truly talented or elite like Mia.

14 minutes ago, Mossburg said:

If both Simmons and Embiid get close to their potential ceilings and have a Kobe-Shaq type feud (plz no :() and the Sixers are forced to make a choice, who would you pick?

Simmons, easily.  Embiid is still a big man with injury concerns.  I pray that he stays healthy, but that needs to be heavily in consideration. 

As for now, seems like both guys get along well on the court and already have a great chemistry, which is amazing considering how few games they have played together.  This is the next dynasty.

Archived