2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

On 12/1/2017 at 12:03 PM, showtime said:

First of all, that was said before they traded for Kyrie Irving.  Secondly, these guys are all in their first season.  I'm honestly not sure why you bring this up every week or two.  Maybe it's so you can validate yourself or something.  I'm not sure.

Yeah, my point exactly. So maybe people should relax before they bash Ainge? When that trade back was made people were absolutely lambasting the Celtics and Ainge all over this forum. Flash forward a few months and we have Kyrie Irving and Tatum looks like the best player from the class.

#PatsBack

6 hours ago, tonyto36 said:

What difference does it make if it was before Kyrie?  Tatum looks like by far the best of the three.  I'm actually in the camp I think Ball will be good in some capacity and not be a total flame out because his size, handle and passing are so good he'll always have some kind of place in the NBA, but Fultz is way behind and Tatum looks like he's going to be a super star.

It's a sports forum.  Don't want to speak for the poster you're responding to, but we're all allowed to enjoy our teams success - even at the expense of others, right?

What difference does it make if it was before Kyrie?  That's a serious question...

Um, if Kyrie Irving was on the roster nobody would be talking about drafting Lonzo Ball or another point guard.  One of the reasons people were campaigning for the Celtics to draft Markelle Fultz was because PG was a potential huge need if Isiah Thomas left via FA.

Tatum looks by far the best of the three... okay.  We're not even half of a season in yet.  That means very little.  Fultz is way behind Tatum and Tatum looks to be a Superstar - This is said after 24 games played.  Alrighty then.

My point was, he doesn't have to constantly pimp Jayson Tatum to everyone.  Most people here thought Tatum would be really good.  If you look back on the old forum in the Summer League thread, I said Tatum is a special talent.  And if you dig up the Kyrie Irving trade, I was one of the few people who was defending the Celtics and saying they got the better end of that trade. 

Archived