2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

What do you mean it doesn't seem all that fair? Again, tell me one thing I said about him that wasn't true?

This team record wise isn't underachieving. Towns should not be this bad defensively. With Thibs/Gibson/Butler, this should not be a bottom five defensive team. 

Stop getting sensitive, this is all true RIGHT NOW. Could it change? Sure, but stop making it look like people have something against the T-Wolves. I'm the biggest Butler fan on this site, I want them to do good. 

champ definitley does because every time i log in here he's trashing the wolves. seems like your sensitive because you responded to me giving him a hard time and defended him. 

1 minute ago, Nzd07 said:

His defense, as I mentioned earlier. It's not good, it's not even average, but it isn't worst in the NBA anymore.

So he's not scoring, can't rebound, can't pass, and is playing mediocre defense...yet you have an issue with people saying he's playing bad basketball?  What in the world...

Just now, Nzd07 said:

champ definitley does because every time i log in here he's trashing the wolves. seems like your sensitive because you responded to me giving him a hard time and defended him. 

No, it just gets annoying how folks always think others have something against their teams when they say something bad about them. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

No, it just gets annoying how folks always think others have something against their teams when they say something bad about them. 

Dude, this has been going on for years. Even before we had Thibs he was calling us overhyped and what not. I'm not even mad I was just giving him a hard time because we're finally better than the Nuggets. I never said anything 'till now and I've seen posts like that for 3+ years!

sheesh.

5 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

So he's not scoring, can't rebound, can't pass, and is playing mediocre defense...yet you have an issue with people saying he's playing bad basketball?  What in the world...

If his shooting percentages revert back to the mean then he'll be a better player than he was a year ago. Maybe I was a bit sensitive but you have to admit this guy gets trashed more than your typical mediocre player because of his pre-draft hype. As a fan of the team he's on it does get a bit irritating.

Injury bug really hurting the Rockets. Capela/CP3/Moute all out right now with injury. Thats 3 of our 9 man rotation. Its a great rotation, but guys 10-15 on the roster all suck. We need to address this in the coming off season. I bet we can sign a couple guys like Jameer Nelson and Corey Brewer to vet min. deals and let them be our 10th and 11th man, basically out of the rotation unless there are injuries, which there will be. At least that way we dont run a 7 man rotation when someone gets hurt. 

Capela should be back within a week, possibly even tomorrow night. Moute is still 1-2 weeks away, and I wouldnt be surprised to see CP3 out for a month. Groin injuries can linger and require nearly complete rest to heal. The Schedule is rough coming up too with games @OKC, @Boston, @Washington, Golden State, @Detroit, Portland, Minnesota and Golden State all in    the next month.

I dont expect the Rockets to be the 1 seed when the all star break rolls around. on the flip side, the Thunder have it figured out and will most like be the 4th or 5th seed this season. I would like to see a Thunder vs Warriors series. The Thunder play great D and if Melo, PG and Westbrook can all play 38-40 minutes a night and get hot they might steal a game or 2.  

I did not know I was a certified T Wolves hater lol. They play an ugly brand of basketball. It's disappointing to me because they have two absolutely incredible players. KAT is as new wave as it gets and they are playing old school ball. They played spread PnR with Towns to close out against the Nuggets and, guess what, it worked. Thibs gotta utilize his talent with his offensive sets. It's great that they are 19-13, they have been able to close games out that they weren't able to last year - so that is a definite improvement. 

Dude, this has been going on for years. Even before we had Thibs he was calling us overhyped and what not. I'm not even mad I was just giving him a hard time because we're finally better than the Nuggets. I never said anything 'till now and I've seen posts like that for 3+ years!

Y'all were overhyped though, lol. People were calling them out as a 50 win team last season and they missed the playoffs. People were plugging them in as a contender this offseason and they are not, as of now. They are right in the mediocre west group beyond the top 3 with the nuggets.

My team has been relevant for like 2 years outta my 15 year fanhood. I'm here for the small market crappy teams and also here for the slander of the west rivals

People are a bit harsh on the Wolves, I think that's true. It's because what I alluded to with the meh offensive sets they run and that KAT was appointed as the next big thing and hasn't totally delivered yet. Not totally his fault, he's great. Also Wiggins is very anti-analytics

19 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

rockets...

Just to clarify, it wasn't meant to be a team comparison. More like the Rockets have to deal with the Warriors, while the Raptors who are usually a good regular season team are surging and don't have to deal with the Warriors.

5 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

NBA fans be so bi polar.  Rockets lose last night and now it's "why do d'antoni run his players to the ground".  Not realizing that we have injuries that screws our depth, and the end of the bench guys aren't even good.

Meh, still not a good reason to play Harden 43 minutes. I don't get the fascination of playing your stars so much for regular season wins. Cleveland does it often with LeBron when taking a loss is perfectly fine if you have to play your star players less minutes. 

Maybe it is just the mindset of the new NBA though. Star player under 30 years old playing 43 minutes a game just 8 or 9 years ago wasn't a big deal at all.

1 minute ago, Mossburg said:

Just to clarify, it wasn't meant to be a team comparison. More like the Rockets have to deal with the Warriors, while the Raptors who are usually a good regular season team are surging and don't have to deal with the Warriors.

They have to deal with the Cavs and Celtics though.  Rockets and Warriors will be in a race for first and 2nd all season IMO.

Archived