2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

Both Rose and SAS just said Kawhi doesn't really want to be in SA and once his deal is up, would prefer to go elsewhere. He's a FA after next season right? Him and Klay on the market together. Time for the Dubs to make a move this offseason......Kidding, kind of lol.

With as stacked as the West is, I dont think 4 Warriors should be on the all star team. I get that they have the best team thing going for them, but 4 players?

I mean they are 2 games ahead of the rockets, who have beaten them twice, and no one thinks the Rockets should have more than Harden on the all star team. 

I think Thompson should be left off. He's worthy, but with as good as the West is 1/3 of the team being from Golden State is a bit too much. I guess Leonard missing most of the year makes it easier to find a place for Thompson.

But guys like Lou Williams, Devin Booker, CJ McCollum, Eric Gordon and more are going to get left out so the warriors can have 4 players. 

You have Curry/Harden/Durant/Davis/Cousins as starters

You have Westbrook/Aldridge/PG/Butler/Lillard who all should be locks, which means putting Green and Thompson fills out the roster and leaves A ton of guys out. 

But i fully expect the NBA to NBA

Just now, champ11 said:

small baller mindset 

Main reason he couldn't hang next to Lonzo. Levels to this game.....But for real, his boys gotta know dude is corny as hell right? Right? RIGHT? They just don't want to upset him? Kind of like Mayweather's crew? 

3 minutes ago, Tyronnosaurus said:

I would do anything for the Mavs to throw a mega max deal at Kawhi.

Nuggets are going to have max space next summer with a core of Jokic/Harris/Murray and possibly Millsap, but they will probably decline his option. Hopefully one or two more of the young guys hit. I, too, would do anything for the Nuggets to sign Kawhi lmao 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Main reason he couldn't hang next to Lonzo. Levels to this game.....But for real, his boys gotta know dude is corny as hell right? Right? RIGHT? They just don't want to upset him? Kind of like Mayweather's crew? 

I meant that @seminoles1 has a small baller mindset. SELF LOVE IS THE WAVE IN 2018. YOUNG KINGS !!

11 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Oh, I don't think anyone is questioning the pairing, but the ability to surround those two with a good team. Because despite the UNREAL game from Cousins and great game from Davis, the Pelicans could have easily lost. And the team is kind of stuck with the current core as they won't have much cap space to improve the roster. I hope Counsins/AD stay together for at least three or four more years. 

Only way to improve for now is to trade their picks.  Charlotte appears to be selling right now.

New Orleans receives:
Jeremy Lamb
Marvin Williams

Charlotte receives:
Cheick Diallo
Alexis Ajinca
Omer Asik
2018 New Orleans 1st Round Pick
2019 New Orleans 2nd Round Pick

Is that enough for Charlotte to pull the trigger?  They save about $15 million over the next 2.5 years, get a couple picks, and Diallo still has lots of potential.  Or would that 2nd round pick need to be a 1st round pick in 2021?

New Orleans would be so much better.  Man it'd be awesome.

13 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Both Rose and SAS just said Kawhi doesn't really want to be in SA and once his deal is up, would prefer to go elsewhere. He's a FA after next season right? Him and Klay on the market together. Time for the Dubs to make a move this offseason......Kidding, kind of lol.

This is crazy.  Where did this come from (if true)?

1 minute ago, seminoles1 said:

This is crazy.  Where did this come from (if true)?

And I guess Kawhi's uncle is running the show now and that is something different from what the Spurs are used to deal with. I think it is going to do come down to if the Spurs could attract a big FA in the next two years. If not, he may very well bounce. 

40 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

And I guess Kawhi's uncle is running the show now and that is something different from what the Spurs are used to deal with. I think it is going to do come down to if the Spurs could attract a big FA in the next two years. If not, he may very well bounce. 

I don't even get Jalen's point.  They signed the biggest free agent on the market 2 years ago...

They don't have any money thanks to the deal they gave to Pau.

Archived