2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

Just now, buno67 said:

Cavs won’t get any where if they have bigs who can’t do nothing offensively. Oh yeah TT Nance and Jordan are going to light it up offensively. 

Boston doesn’t have championship  aspiration. Easier to ask a rookie like a center to be a rim protector than a rookie to be a scoring threat

i have no idea what you're saying 

2 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Or they just keep Love and draft a center with the nets pick

Mohammad Bamba or Jarren Jackson are both good fits but both are raw and will likely take some time to find their footing in the league. 

If they can keep LeBron this summer I think they'd be smart to trade Love for a guy like DeAndre Jordan. Then they can target a guy like Collin Sexton or Trae Young with the Nets pick as a spark plug off the bench/future starting PG. 

1 minute ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Ok I like this team now. 

You guys moved a bunch of big names past their prime for young guys that can actually shoot/score and are going to give effort on defense. Hill, Clarkson, and Hood are all good players that were stuck on bad teams. 

1 hour ago, Pats#1 said:

I'd be willing to bet LeBron isn't playing with a lot of these guys next year.

He's either going to jump ship or force a big trade for another all star to stay.

you probably should just focus on your own team. The concern you now have for this new Cavaliers group is as obvious as your hatred towards LeBron is. 

Just now, Ferris35 said:

You guys moved a bunch of big names past their prime for young guys that can actually shoot/score and are going to give effort on defense. Hill, Clarkson, and Hood are all good players that were stuck on bad teams. 

I’m aware of what happened. And I liked it. 

Jordan likely opts out and becomes a FA. But do the Clippers even want Love? What exactly is their plan for the future? They were clearly trying to trade Jordan and thought they had a deal done with the Cavs on Thursday, but it just didn't end up going through. I think West is pushing for a bit of a rebuild before going after the big free agents in 2019 and 2020. 

1 minute ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I didn’t know clarkson was this good. And hoods shot is beautiful. 

We shall see on Clarkson. He could obviously score, but hasn't been a good three point shooter yet. Obviously it will be totally different now, especially playing with the 2nd unit+LeBron. At the very least, the team showed its potential if they play hard. Their issue will be in the playoffs in close games where it turns into all LeBron. We have seen how that story ends. 

5 minutes ago, Ferris35 said:

Mohammad Bamba or Jarren Jackson are both good fits but both are raw and will likely take some time to find their footing in the league. 

If they can keep LeBron this summer I think they'd be smart to trade Love for a guy like DeAndre Jordan. Then they can target a guy like Collin Sexton or Trae Young with the Nets pick as a spark plug off the bench/future starting PG. 

Bamba or Jackson would be a great fit in Boston too.  Imagine had they kept the BRK pick instead of Tatum oof.

Archived