2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

10 minutes ago, Tyronnosaurus said:

He needs to come off the bench. I know it'll never happen, but there's one ball. George and Westbrook are by far their best players and it isn't close. Let them dominate to start. But outside of those three and Adams (and Roberson as a defender) that roster is disgustingly bad.

I don't mind Melo starting, that isn't the problem. I just hope Donovan is leaving Melo as the lone guy with the 2nd unit. Westbrook is the one who should be with the 2nd unit and then bring Melo/PG together. 

13 minutes ago, champ11 said:

THEY can complain about the Warriors winning the chip again.......i'm gonna enjoy Pat Beverly talking ish,  world wide wob gifs of giannis engulfing poor souls, dennis smith trying to dunk on everyone, the carmelo anthony renaissance, everybody hating KD, joel embiid's twitter account, kyrie irving being the stoned dude that thinks he's a genius etc etc 

And just watching the 2017 rookie class ball out. 

What record do the Pelicans have to have for a.) to fire Gentry and b.) to trade Boogie?

27 minutes ago, champ11 said:

THEY can complain about the Warriors winning the chip again.......i'm gonna enjoy Pat Beverly talking ish,  world wide wob gifs of giannis engulfing poor souls, dennis smith trying to dunk on everyone, the carmelo anthony renaissance, everybody hating KD, joel embiid's twitter account, kyrie irving being the stoned dude that thinks he's a genius etc etc 

You're a beautiful human being. I wish everyone enjoyed everything this way.

3 minutes ago, Mossburg said:

You're a beautiful human being. I wish everyone enjoyed everything this way.

As someone that is addicted to twitter and content I still haven't decided if the NBA is a terrible thing or an amazing thing for me. My girl isn't the biggest fan of NBA season lmao 

2 minutes ago, champ11 said:

As someone that is addicted to twitter and content I still haven't decided if the NBA is a terrible thing or an amazing thing for me. My girl isn't the biggest fan of NBA season lmao 

We are the same person, I am convinced of it.

41 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Hold up, tell me it is a typo. But Melo in a 21 point win was +0? How is that possible? Was he the lone guy with the bench unit or something for a stretch?

Yeah, I think they took him out early in the 1st quarter and the Thunder pulled ahead.

Also Melo was terrible yesterday.

28 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I don't mind Melo starting, that isn't the problem. I just hope Donovan is leaving Melo as the lone guy with the 2nd unit. Westbrook is the one who should be with the 2nd unit and then bring Melo/PG together. 

Pretty sure he did all three yesterday. RW/PG (def the most effective), RW/Melo, and PG/Melo. I think the most effective lineup was RW and his teammates from last year, PG13 might have been in tho. RW threw a lob to Adams and then to Roberson in back to back plays. 

7 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Yeah, I think they took him out early in the 1st quarter and the Thunder pulled ahead.

Also Melo was terrible yesterday.

See, I don't like that. Taking him out early means he is going to get run with the 2nd unit when PG/Westbrook are on the bench. What makes Donovan think that is a good idea? Heck, take PG out early and let him run with the 2nd unit. 

May just be a whole a lot of experimenting going on right now.

10 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Randle is our 2nd best player after Lopez.

He was good in preseason. He's improved every year.... unlike Nance.

Nance was better today, but I thought Randle was upset to come off the bench and didn't have good energy.

I'm not letting one game color how I view Julius which is as one of the best players on this team and who should be starting and getting the most minutes at PF.

I feel the same except it's the opposite LOL

As in Randle really never improved while Nance did

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

And just watching the 2017 rookie class ball out. 

What record do the Pelicans have to have for a.) to fire Gentry and b.) to trade Boogie?

I hope they don't trade Boogie. Him and AD looked so good playing with eachother. Gentry is just such a bad coach.

By the second half his offense consisted of Jrue dribbling the ball up, dishing it to Boogie/AD 10 feet from the basket and watching them play ISO ball. You could run such a dynamic offense with these two guys but he just doesn't, its such a waste. I think having Rondo back will help them run a functional offense as I don't think Jrue has the Alpha personality to run the offense even when Boogie/AD want to go ISO. 

I think they make the playoffs and Gentry is fired anyways. Boogie signs a new deal with them in the off-season.

16 minutes ago, 49er pride said:

plays within his role and doesn't stop ball movement. Also sets way better picks.

Agreed. I don't care how much more "talented" Julius Randle is. He is nowhere NEAR good enough to have that awful of body language. 

He acts like he is way better than he actually is. Bro, go pout on the bench, this team is going to be bad with or without you.

Archived