2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

7 minutes ago, MookieMonster said:

Who on that list is Embiid better than? I'd concede Kristaps. Him and KAT could be argued, but I'd take KAT. Other 4 can't really be argued.

Kristaps for sure. 

I think KAT is similar. 

Davis is better but I think Embiid can get to that level over time. 

Right now, I'd take Embiid going forward over Boogie. 

I'd also rather have Embiid over Jokic.

EDIT: Forgot to add Giannis. Yeah, Giannis is definitely one I'd take over Embiid

1 minute ago, MookieMonster said:

Who on that list is Embiid better than? I'd concede Kristaps. Him and KAT could be argued, but I'd take KAT. Other 4 can't really be argued.

I dont really consider Giannis a "big". If thats the case than Durant is also a "big". Joel is for sure better than Jokic, Kristaps, KAT. I think Joel is a better overall center than AD but AD is the better scorer. Cousins was the best big in the league before injury 

43 minutes ago, MookieMonster said:

@Knowledge You're insane. Might not be a top 5 big man tbh.

Edit - Definitely not a top 5 big man actually. Boogie, AD, Jokic, KAT, Giannis, Kristaps...

He is without a doubt better than KAT, Kristaps, and Jokic.

Giannis isn't a big.

8 hours ago, Darkness said:

Saw an interesting stat. Steph’s shooting 60.1 2PT/42.1 3PT/91.8 FT. If he keeps up that pace, he’d be the first player in NBA history to shoot above 60/40/90. 

2 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

I bet you the 90% from the ft line is the only thing keeping a lot of people out of this stat.

Over the last 20 seasons, there's only been 12 players (O'Neal x3, Howard x3, James x3, Stoudemire, Durant, Jokic) to shoot above 60 2PT% while averaging +15 PPG. 

An easier way to sum up Curry's shooting efficiency is .675 TS%, which is better then his unanimous 2016 MVP season. 

1 hour ago, MookieMonster said:

@Knowledge You're insane. Might not be a top 5 big man tbh.

Edit - Definitely not a top 5 big man actually. Boogie, AD, Jokic, KAT, Giannis, Kristaps...

Embiid is so much better defensively than Boogie, Jokic, and KAT combined.  Embiid easily over Jokic, KAT, and Kristaps.  Boogie I can see because of his offensive abilities, but Embiid is easily a top 5 big man.  Counting Giannis isn't fair; might as well count Durant and LeBron.

Just now, 11sanchez11 said:

people saying Giannis isn't a big reminds me of my idea for allstar and all-nba teams. Have it guard, forward, big and then two open spots for any position. bridges the gap between traditional and position-less basketball 

He's a wing. I don't think it's that much of an argument.

10 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Embiid is so much better defensively than Boogie, Jokic, and KAT combined.  Embiid easily over Jokic, KAT, and Kristaps.  Boogie I can see because of his offensive abilities, but Embiid is easily a top 5 big man.  Counting Giannis isn't fair; might as well count Durant and LeBron.

Played like 90% of his minutes at PF this year... Even if you don't take Jokic and KAT over him. He's still behind AD and Boogie, he ain't a top 5 player.

3 minutes ago, utley4568 said:

He's a wing. I don't think it's that much of an argument.

well I wasn't arguing either way but I agree. and that is the point. it is pretty easy to define players as either a guard, wing or big. Instead of center or power forward, just call one position a big. Like Aldridge is a PF but so is Lebron. But LA is clearly a big and Bron a wing.

Just now, 11sanchez11 said:

well I wasn't arguing either way but I agree. and that is the point. it is pretty easy to define players as either a guard, wing or big. Instead of center or power forward, just call it a big.

I generally go with guard, wing, and big. Guards are 1s and 2s usually, wings are usually 3s and 4s, bigs are usually 5s.

3 minutes ago, MookieMonster said:

Played like 90% of his minutes at PF this year... Even if you don't take Jokic and KAT over him. He's still behind AD and Boogie, he ain't a top 5 player.

You said he's not a top 5 big. I'm pretty sure Knowledge knows he's not a top 5 player and said it in the heat of watching the Sixers game. 

Archived