2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

2 minutes ago, champ11 said:

this really gonna get all the Mike Conley stans up in arms. can't believe you went there on the 0x all star 

Not really fair considering he's been in the West with Curry, Paul, Westbrook, and Lillard.

Conley, for the last 5 years, has been a top 10 PG.  Bottom of the top 10, but still in there.  Who knows what he'll be going forward, though.  Over 30 and coming injury shortened seasons in 2 of the last 3 years.

I used to not like Conley because I thought he made too many bad decisions, especially at the end of games. But he improved that a lot as well as his overall game and he's become maybe my favorite player at the position, prior to his recent injury struggles. I think there are a lot of better players than him at the position, but if I'm building a team and I have someone like Durant or some other elite badass, I'd rather have Conley than most of these other dudes because he's much less likely to interfere with far more important players at more important positions while still being super reliable when called upon.

20 minutes ago, Mossburg said:

I used to not like Conley because I thought he made too many bad decisions, especially at the end of games. But he improved that a lot as well as his overall game and he's become maybe my favorite player at the position, prior to his recent injury struggles. I think there are a lot of better players than him at the position, but if I'm building a team and I have someone like Durant or some other elite badass, I'd rather have Conley than most of these other dudes because he's much less likely to interfere with far more important players at more important positions while still being super reliable when called upon.

Dude also developed in being a pretty solid clutch player. Made some nice plays down the stretch against the Spurs last year. Conley is a nice player, but would definitely benefit being the clear cut #2 or #3 scoring option. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Dude also developed in being a pretty solid clutch player. Made some nice plays down the stretch against the Spurs last year. Conley is a nice player, but would definitely benefit being the clear cut #2 or #3 scoring option. 

Yea. maybe a better way to put it is I guess I'd want tons of other players as my #1, but he'd probably be in my top 3 as a #2 or #3.

IMO when it comes to PGs that's more important. John Wall is a way better player by traditional standards, but I don't really care because nobody is ever winning anything with John Wall as their #1.

1 hour ago, Mossburg said:

Yea. maybe a better way to put it is I guess I'd want tons of other players as my #1, but he'd probably be in my top 3 as a #2 or #3.

IMO when it comes to PGs that's more important. John Wall is a way better player by traditional standards, but I don't really care because nobody is ever winning anything with John Wall as their #1.

Or Dame Lillard. Blazers are going to be stagnate until he leaves.

As for Conley, he's not overrated at all but def overpaid.

1 hour ago, Mossburg said:

A KD/Wall pairing is definitely better than a Conley/KD pairing.

Or insert another #1 option instead of KD.

Just now, 11sanchez11 said:

A KD/Wall pairing is definitely better than a Conley/KD pairing.

Or insert another #1 option instead of KD.

Maybe on a team that has nothing but scrubs outside of those 2. If it's more balanced I wouldn't want Wall dribbling out the clock, and he destroys spacing and not good enough without the ball.

4 minutes ago, Mossburg said:

Maybe on a team that has nothing but scrubs outside of those 2. If it's more balanced I wouldn't want Wall dribbling out the clock, and he destroys spacing and not good enough without the ball.

I would guess he wouldn't do that if he had a definitely better player than him on the court. Which he never has. 

Also the 1st game John Wall comes back he will hit more 3s that game than Ben Simmons will this entire year.

7 minutes ago, Mossburg said:

How does he destroy spacing? This isn't 2012, he has a shot now. Not Stephen Curry but defenders certainly respect his jumper. Nearly half his field goals came from 16 feet out before he went down.

Just now, 11sanchez11 said:

I would guess he wouldn't do that if he had a definitely better player than him on the court. Which he never has. 

Also the 1st game John Wall comes back he will hit more 3s that game than Ben Simmons will this entire year.

That may very well be the case, but I don't trust that dude. I'd guess he'd more likely to be a Westbrook like player (not full Westbrook, you never go full Westbrook unless you're Westbrook) than someone who does what's best for the team.

Just now, RandyMossIsBoss said:

How does he destroy spacing? This isn't 2012, he has a shot now. Not Stephen Curry but defenders certainly respect his jumper. Nearly half his field goals came from 16 feet out before he went down.

He's definitely improved, but I don't think he's anywhere near reliable. Though to be fair, maybe he'd benefit more if he learned how to play off the ball if he played with a better player and got better looks. Either way, do not trust that dude like I said.

Archived