2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

1 hour ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Dwight Howard missed 41 games, Patrick Beverly missed part of the season and all of the playoffs, and are you really claiming Brewer, Smith, Jones and Dmo to be a good supporting cast?

Anthony davis had Gordon and Anderson and couldnt do anything with them

so I rest my case. 

Ryan Anderson is a good 3rd big, not a good starting PF. Eric Gordon was a whiny bit in New Orleans who gave 60% effort his entire tenure there..

1 hour ago, Texansfan713 said:

lol you are stupid.  Dwight wasn't even healthy all season that year. Harden carried that team.  you forgot prior to the rockets getting josh smith and brewer the bench was Tarik black, Papanikolaou, Jason Terry and Joey Dorsey.  Capela wasn't established yet. Beverley isn't a factor because he missed the entire post season.  Yes Harden carried that team.

Also last year's team overachieved by their standards.  Nobody had us being THIS good. 

729.gif

Dwight Howard averaged 16/14/2 that post season but yeah, Harden totally carried that 2015 squad man. Carried the crap out of those scrubs.

Ariza averaged 13/6/2. Josh Smith averaged 14/6/3.

I hate, hate, HATE when fans downplay guys they'd boost up in another argument to hype up the super star. Every fan base is guilty of it but its annoying as ****.

Carried as far as making them the 2nd seed. What do not you get?  I hate when people think they know more about my teams than me and they are flat out wrong. 

Josh Smith was a mid season acquisition as was Brewer.  Rockets had one of the worst benches in the league before those 2 came on the team. Dwight played "half the season".  No way shape or form we should have been the 2nd seed in the west given the injuries to the team.

Look at the roster...  *represents players out the league*

Ariza

Beverley

Brewer

Capela (rookie)

*Dorsey

Harden

Dwight

*Nick Johnson

*KJ McDaniels

*D-Mo

*Papanikolau

*Prigioni

*Josh Smith

Jason Terry

This roster do not scream "2nd best team in the west".

25 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

*D-Mo

I'm not going to get into the rest of this argument, but don't mention him and act like every one of Houston's fans wasn't obsessed with this guy.  He had a very good season and is only out of the league because of his health.

1 hour ago, MookieMonster said:

729.gif

Dwight Howard averaged 16/14/2 that post season but yeah, Harden totally carried that 2015 squad man. Carried the crap out of those scrubs.

I hate, hate, HATE when fans downplay guys they'd boost up in another argument to hype up the super star. Every fan base is guilty of it but its annoying as ****.

Gasol was soft. Kobe carried us to our championships. 

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

I'm not going to get into the rest of this argument, but don't mention him and act like every one of Houston's fans wasn't obsessed with this guy.  He had a very good season and is only out of the league because of his health.

oh trust me, im one of the biggest dmo fans when he was a rocket but that doesnt exclude the fact harden carried this roster. 

2 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Harden makes guys better. Look at Terrance jones, Dmo, Chase Budinger, Omer Asik, Parsonsand the list goes on of guys that Harden has made look like solid NBA players  

Budinger wasnt a teammate of Harden.  We traded Budinger to the Wolves the same year we traded for Harden but yeah your point is correct.

2 hours ago, MookieMonster said:

729.gif

Listen to yourself ?

those numbers don’t scream “2nd all star”. Those are average numbers for average players

Archived