2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

23 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

If the Pelicans blow this lead, time to fire Gentry before he gets on the plane....

It should be anyways tbh. We've been so sloppy with the turnovers and it's costing us leads, we've had double digit leads in all 3 games that evaporated. Yes, part of it is just basketball being a game of runs and momentum, but we're not helping when we get sloppy and turn it over with leads. If they can work on that we're gonna be damn good, our offense is looking great outside of that and the bench is playing awesome. Defense will be fine, started bad last year too. 

10 minutes ago, Spartica4Real said:

8/10/8 but he shot badly again. 3/13 from field. 

7 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

-24 when he was on the court. 13 assists tho

5 turnovers and 0-5 from 3 as well. and his -24 was worst for both teams.

should mention also 3-9 from Ingram while Kuzman was 7-13 . And people LOL at me for suggesting Kuz should start over Ingram. 

10 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

agree that this stat can be deceiving at times both ways.

Yep and fwiw I actually agree (feels wrong) with you about Kuzma starting. It's probably gonna happen eventually whether its at SF or PF.

I think my ideal starting line-up would be Ball/KCP/Kuzma/Randle/Lopez.

3 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Yep and fwiw I actually agree (feels wrong) with you about Kuzma starting. It's probably gonna happen eventually whether its at SF or PF.

why not leave Kuz at the 4 and go with Ball, KCP, Ingram, Kuz and Lopez. It definitely would leave lanes wide open on offense. Kuz and Ingram are long enough defenders. Though not overly strong at rebounding.

35 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:
41 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

why not leave Kuz at the 4 and go with Ball, KCP, Ingram, Kuz and Lopez. It definitely would leave lanes wide open on offense. Kuz and Ingram are long enough defenders. Though not overly strong at rebounding.

I just think that line-up is really weak (literally). They would get bullied and wouldn't be good rebounding or defensively.

I want Lonzo surrounded by shooters and other guys that can create their own shot.

Randle doesn't fit the shooter part, but he can create for himself, gets out in transition (important with Lonzo), helps with rebounding (important with a center who isn't a good rebounder) and switching on defense. I really think he would benefit with the spacing that starting line-up would create for him.

Kuzma over Ingram is because he is just the better shooter right now and is playing smarter basketball. He doesn't stop the ball constantly. He probably is also the better rebounder and defender right now. Although, just like Ingram he could benefit from getting stronger.

Archived