Who Dey Gameday? Bengals @ Steelers Week 7 GDT

43M

1 minute ago, warfelg said:

This line has to stop jumping when guys do that.  Looks like Vance again.

There was no jump... Ball literally snapped at the same time that Vance made contact with Burfict. It's piss poor officiating. At least that time they can argue they were trying to protect Ben from Burfict but they need to let it go.

1 minute ago, SlevinKelevra said:

is unimpeded different than unabated ?

No.  When a defensive player does that the OL can't move until the ball is snapped or it's a dead play.  That's a combo of Pouncey not seeing it and Vance moving.

Just now, BlaqOptic said:

There was no jump... Ball literally snapped at the same time that Vance made contact with Burfict. It's piss poor officiating. At least that time they can argue they were trying to protect Ben from Burfict but they need to let it go.

Vance moved both times before the snap.  

Just now, warfelg said:

No.  When a defensive player does that the OL can't move until the ball is snapped or it's a dead play.  That's a combo of Pouncey not seeing it and Vance moving.

I get what you're saying about the OL.

I'm asking specifically about what the REF said

Just now, SlevinKelevra said:

I get what you're saying about the OL.

I'm asking specifically about what the REF said

Oh, unimpeded neutral zone means he went across it with no one touching him.  Vance waited until they were across the line to move.

1 minute ago, BlaqOptic said:

There is literally no way you can say Vance moved before the snap the second time. Pouncey literally has the ball in Ben's hands as Burfict makes contact with Vance.

It was easy to see.  Vance was coming out of his stance before the ball moved.

Just now, warfelg said:

It was easy to see.  Vance was coming out of his stance before the ball moved.

I'll agree with you on the first one but you are unobtrusively wrong about the second one. Ben has the ball in his hand as Vance leave shis stance simultaneously making contact with Burfict as Burfict initiates the conact.

Just now, SlevinKelevra said:

thanks.

OK, and how is that different than unabated ?

No one moves and no one touches him.

Problem is ref's use them interchangably when they shouldn't. Unimpeded (at least with ref's I've dealt with coaching) means they just crossed the line.  Inabated means they had a clean shot with no one touching them.

Just now, warfelg said:

No one moves and no one touches him.

Problem is ref's use them interchangably when they shouldn't. Unimpeded (at least with ref's I've dealt with coaching) means they just crossed the line.  Inabated means they had a clean shot with no one touching them.

gotcha now.

thanks!

Archived