Who Dey Gameday? Bengals @ Steelers Week 7 GDT

43M

8 minutes ago, steelcurtain29 said:

Not to be that guy, but what was Shazier doing there?

Dead to rights... If he shifts right to stop Lafell then the other WR drifts inside for the TD as the DB was playing outside technique. He saw that and shaded left.

1 minute ago, SlevinKelevra said:

how is that not using the goalpost as a prop (to hide behind) if punching it is using it as a prop ?

They have not consistently enforced the rule since amended this year. Some guys (non-Packers) are jumping into the crowd and getting flags while other's aren't. Some are using the goal post as a prop and getting flags while other's aren't.

3 minutes ago, SlevinKelevra said:

how is that not using the goalpost as a prop (to hide behind) if punching it is using it as a prop ?

If that's "using the goalpost as a prop" than every player uses the goalpost as a prop when they exhibit gravitational pull on it after every touchdown just by existing in the same universe as it.

Just now, grubs10 said:

Fort and Matekevich in on a 4th and goal at the 1?

That's not the issue. You have to match jumbo for jumbo. No point in having extra DBs out there. However, for neither of them to even consider the idea of a playaction pass is ridiculous. That's not coaching. That's players needing situational awareness which neither of them displayed there. I literally turned to my wife and said they'd go PA because the two of them are in there and they did because the two of them just think "crash the LoS"

2 minutes ago, grubs10 said:

Fort and Matekevich in on a 4th and goal at the 1?

just this week

“I am comfortable,” Tomlin said of Fort. “Fort is one of those unique guys that’s third on the depth chart, he’s been here for a number of years. So, I’m comfortable with not only his ability, but his exposure and knowledge as well.”

Archived