Are the Rams the best team in the NFC?

RamPackFan

2 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Not sure what you are laughing about. Can't wait till our teams play later this year. Should be a great game.

Actually it is kind of funny you think that. 

This just isn't true.

Blount averages 5.6 yards per carry. Eagles average 132.5 rushing yards per game.

Gurley averages 4.3 yards per carry. Rams average 127.6 rushing yards per game.

I'm laughing  because the Eagles ALWAYS collapse.  They're overrated right now...with their avg WR's, avg Rb, avg Defense and average QB.  Ya'll haven't even played anyone good yet...the Chiefs, and ya'll LOST. Panthers would've beat the Eagles too if Kuechley didn't have to leave the game. Blount is garbage..slow and one dimensional..Gurley is LEAGUES above him. Our WR's are better, Rb is better, front 7 is better. Eagles will show their true colors soon enough, mark my words. I bet they won't even win their division this year. lol

On ‎10‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 1:51 PM, RamPackFan said:

really? I thought it got easier. 

NY Giants is a broken team - expect an easy wiin here

Vikings are QB-less and I don't see that as a "tough" game by anymeans - I expect an easy win here

Saints? We beat em' last year and I don't see them as much of a threat anyhow

Titans - Not that great of a team and I expect a win here

49ers - worst team in football, perhaps (aside from the usual Cleveland) I expect a win here 

Seahawks, Texans and Eagles are the only challenges we face ahead, IMHO. All the rest SHOULD be guaranteed wins for us. 

I say AT WORST we go 10-6 this year. 

We didn't beat the Saints last year. They nearly hung 50 on us.

Ive whipped away all the Jeff Fisher era. So I think we should as well. Last year the Rams didn’t beat the Saints but they also barely beat the Bryce Petty led Jets. Again everytime people compare what the Rams did last season they aren’t convinced this is a different team. Last season the Rams had GRob at LT and Barnes at C. They also had Britt and Quick as some of the main receiving options. The fact that Goff was the only QB outside of Ryan to throw for 3 tds in the first half against the Saints defense was an accomplishment last season. When people talk about that game they fail to mention that. Goff was going toe to toe with Brees in the first Hal but once again Fisher was the HC and he help suck whatever confidence that team had going into halftime away. Things will be different this season with this new team under McVay.

6 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Actually it is kind of funny you think that. 

It's a defensible opinion. We have arguably the best special teams in the NFL and the #1 offense in the NFL. Our defense is coached by arguably the best in the game and looks like it's finally rounding into form. If we go through with a top 2 special teams unit, a top 5 offense, and a top 5 defense, it's hard to argue that we wouldn't be in the running for the best team in the NFL. Now, that's assuming the best, which obviously isn't anything close to guaranteed.

19 hours ago, jrry32 said:

It's a defensible opinion. We have arguably the best special teams in the NFL and the #1 offense in the NFL. Our defense is coached by arguably the best in the game and looks like it's finally rounding into form. If we go through with a top 2 special teams unit, a top 5 offense, and a top 5 defense, it's hard to argue that we wouldn't be in the running for the best team in the NFL. Now, that's assuming the best, which obviously isn't anything close to guaranteed.

It's really not.

@RamPackFan is acting like the Eagles are a mediocre team at best, while the Rams are world beaters.

It's just them being a homer and you know it.

I was never arguing that the Rams aren't one of the best teams.

On 10/21/2017 at 1:51 PM, RamPackFan said:

really? I thought it got easier. 

NY Giants is a broken team - expect an easy wiin here

Vikings are QB-less and I don't see that as a "tough" game by anymeans - I expect an easy win here

Saints? We beat em' last year and I don't see them as much of a threat anyhow

Titans - Not that great of a team and I expect a win here

49ers - worst team in football, perhaps (aside from the usual Cleveland) I expect a win here 

Seahawks, Texans and Eagles are the only challenges we face ahead, IMHO. All the rest SHOULD be guaranteed wins for us. 

I say AT WORST we go 10-6 this year. 

The Saints and Vikings won't be easy wins at all.

4 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

It's really not.

@RamPackFan is acting like the Eagles are a mediocre team at best, while the Rams are world beaters.

It's just them being a homer and you know it.

I was never arguing that the Rams aren't one of the best teams.

Us having more potential than Philly is a defensible opinion. But potential doesn't really mean anything.

The Rams will settle the “best team in the NFC” debate as the season goes on. They play the Vikings, Saints, Eagles, and Seahawks. The Eagles have a two game stretch where they travel to Seattle then travel to LA to play the Rams the following week. That’s where the Eagles could show if they are really the best team especially now without their LT Peters. We know they fell off the map last season when they lost their RT Johnson. 

Ill just throw this out there, Goff and the Rams already have done something Wentz and the Eagles didn’t do and that’s go into Dallas and beat Dak and the Cowboys. The Eagles haven’t played Dallas yet so they have to play them twice plus the Broncos and Raiders. So we will learn a lot about the Eagles more as the season goes on.

Archived