Week 8 | Other Games Thread

IDOG_det

GOTW  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Which should be the Game Of The Week?

• #19 Michigan @ #2 Penn State
    • #11 USC @ #13 Notre Dame

1 minute ago, bkobow05 said:

Ah yes, his irrelevance at SMU competely slipped my mind. 

2014, the year before Morris

• 1-11
  • 11.1 points per game
  • 41.3 points per game given up

• 2015-27.8 and 45.7, 2-10
  • 2016-27.7 and 36.3, 5-7
  • 2017-43.8 and 31.0, 5-2

That SMU program was left in shambles by June Jones, and Morris has done one of the best jobs in the nation in getting it even respectable. I like him a lot.

2 minutes ago, devils1854 said:

2014, the year before Morris

• 1-11
  • 11.1 points per game
  • 41.3 points per game given up

• 2015-27.8 and 45.7, 2-10
  • 2016-27.7 and 36.3, 5-7
  • 2017-43.8 and 31.0, 5-2

That SMU program was left in shambles by June Jones, and Morris has done one of the best jobs in the nation in getting it even respectable. I like him a lot.

Not speaking bad about Morris. Speaking bad about SMU lol

11 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

Exactly. He’s a highly impressive guy. They go 9-4, he better be #1 on everyone’s list. 

He won't be #1. That'll be Scott Frost for me (assuming Chip and Stoops are off the table). But he'll be on the list.

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

He won't be #1. That'll be Scott Frost for me (assuming Chip and Stoops are off the table). But he'll be on the list.

I dont see how Nebraska can still have Mike Riley on the sidelines knowing that one of their own is maybe the top coaching candidate in the nation.

Riley would have been gone two weeks ago, and the rest of the season would have been punted. Hell, Lawrence Phillips could coach the rest of the year knowing that Frost was coming in December.

Just now, devils1854 said:

I dont see how Nebraska can still have Mike Riley on the sidelines knowing that one of their own is maybe the top coaching candidate in the nation.

Riley would have been gone two weeks ago, and the rest of the season would have been punted. Hell, Lawrence Phillips could coach the rest of the year knowing that Frost was coming in December.

I think Riley has earned enough respect to finish out the year. But yea, I think you have to go after Frost. I also expect Frost will go there. But I still hope UF can find a way to steal him away.

2 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I think Riley has earned enough respect to finish out the year. But yea, I think you have to go after Frost. I also expect Frost will go there. But I still hope UF can find a way to steal him away.

Lets be honest. A Georgia fan speaking to a Florida/South Carolina guy.

Mac isnt leaving this year. He will get 2018 to do his thing. You dont fire a guy that won 2 of 3 SEC East championships, no matter the circumstances. It goes on about your rant to LSU fans about Les Miles and Georgia with Richt.

Archived