Week 8 | Other Games Thread

IDOG_det

GOTW  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Which should be the Game Of The Week?

• #19 Michigan @ #2 Penn State
    • #11 USC @ #13 Notre Dame

3 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

Matt Campbell should really be the hottest name on the block. He's still only turning 38 and would do crazy good things with a better program.

Gotta see how he finishes. He has a tough road ahead. But if they compete with Okie State and TCU, he'll have teams beating down his door. It's like Mike MacIntyre. Some of the luster has worn off with Colorado not being as good this year as last, but people have to remember that they were a doormat for a long time when he arrived. Even if they're only a 6 to 8 win team this year, that's a long way from where they were. He's really rebuilt that program.

7 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Matt Campbell is doing an impressive job at Arkansas. I'm really surprised that Bo Pelini isn't getting any interest. I know the guy had an attitude, but he was still a solid HC at Nebraska.

I could see guys like Pelini or even a Schiano being canidates for programs that dont like going with unproven candidates. One could be next at North Carolina. Fedora wont have that job much longer.

1 minute ago, devils1854 said:

I could see guys like Pelini or even a Schiano being canidates for programs that dont like going with unproven candidates. One could be next at North Carolina. Fedora wont have that job much longer.

It feels like Fedora has earned another year with what he's done there. But yea, a Pelini or Schiano would be a nice fit at a middling program that needs to climb out of the cellar.

2 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

1) Campbell is getting 9 wins this year 

2) Fedora should’ve left UNC when he had the chance. 

That only allows Campbell two more losses with TCU, WVU, Okie State, and KSU on his schedule (as well as a bowl game).

2 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

It feels like Fedora has earned another year with what he's done there. But yea, a Pelini or Schiano would be a nice fit at a middling program that needs to climb out of the cellar.

You can even thow Jeff Tedford into that mix. He's doing great things with a bad Fresno program.

Archived