Week 8 | Other Games Thread

IDOG_det

GOTW  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Which should be the Game Of The Week?

• #19 Michigan @ #2 Penn State
    • #11 USC @ #13 Notre Dame

7 minutes ago, Danger said:

McSorely is more effective in College, but Hackenberg is a better NFL QB, being a career backup/depth guy.

Well, I mean....I agree Hack was a better NFL prospect....but its impossible to say he IS a better NFL player.   Not so much because I think McSorley will be a good NFL QB (which I dont), but because based on what Ive seen, Hack is a garbage NFL QB, and thus, wouldnt really be hard to be better than.   

16 minutes ago, mse326 said:

I agree McSorley has been more effective, but I don't think he would have been had their situations been reversed. Without Barkley, McSorley doesn't do any better than Hack.

Hackberg's accuracy was atrocious. He'd throw more balls in the dirt and to the birds that he would to his receivers, especially on the easy throws, but somehow he'd make the hard throws look easy often times.

1 minute ago, Danger said:

Hackberg's accuracy was atrocious. He'd throw more balls in the dirt and to the birds that he would to his receivers, especially on the easy throws, but somehow he'd make the hard throws look easy often times.

This.

Amazes me how many excuses get made for Hack.  

He wasnt good, and while I dont like McSorley, Id absolutely take him over Hack, Barkley or no Barkley.  

4 minutes ago, mse326 said:

I should be clear I wasn't making any excuses for Hack. More an excuse for why McSorely looks serviceable. I don't rate him at all.

Fair enough.  I just remember excuses constantly being made for him by other PSU fans and fans who liked him as an NFL prospect.

He was never more than mediocre.  

1 minute ago, devils1854 said:

Question:

Do teams like Florida and Florida State schedule a game the first week of December to get bowl eligible? Looks like the loser of that game is only going to have 5 wins.

Nah. Hopefully, we'll fire McElwain, and it'll give us an earlier jump on a coaching search.

Archived