Week 8 | Other Games Thread

IDOG_det

GOTW  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Which should be the Game Of The Week?

• #19 Michigan @ #2 Penn State
    • #11 USC @ #13 Notre Dame

Wonder where Eason tries to transfer to.... Thought Miami for a second since Richt was pretty much the guy who sealed the deal for him at Georgia. I’m sure during the offseason if rumors get out that he wants to transfer, Richt will be in contact. Still think he’s better than Fromm long term. Also surprised there hasn’t been rumors of Ed Oliver transferring. He went from potential top 5 pick when eligible to basically irrelevant. Thanks D’Onofrio

7 hours ago, bkobow05 said:

I think, what I'm saying is...we're going to get Alabama vs Penn State for the Natty regardless. I desperately hope I'm wrong but that's what my gut tells me. 

As much as I would like this. If you're putting a gun to my head I think Penn State loses to Ohio State next weekend.

Big Ten East >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Big Ten West, year in year out it's a much harder division.

53 minutes ago, Danger said:

Big Ten East >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Big Ten West, year in year out it's a much harder division.

Couldn’t be more right. 

Right now, unless some programs really turn around, Wisky should get free rides to every conference title game. This year, they play UM on a down year, played cupcake non-conference, and miss out on OSU, PSU, MSU. There’s no competition in the west, as Nebraska sputters. The east has UM, PSU, OSU, and MSU. Wisconsin this year has to just beat the one good team on their schedule, and they make the CFB playoff. Would like to see the Huskers rise back to prominence to help out that west, but I’m skeptical. 

15 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Couldn’t be more right. 

Right now, unless some programs really turn around, Wisky should get free rides to every conference title game. This year, they play UM on a down year, played cupcake non-conference, and miss out on OSU, PSU, MSU. There’s no competition in the west, as Nebraska sputters. The east has UM, PSU, OSU, and MSU. Wisconsin this year has to just beat the one good team on their schedule, and they make the CFB playoff. Would like to see the Huskers rise back to prominence to help out that west, but I’m skeptical. 

I can't see a situation in which a 1 loss Wisconsin team even if they win the Big 10 makes the playoff TBH.

2 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

If you're UGA it's a no-brainer to take him. Everybody needs to take 1 QB per cycle, and every couple cycles you take 2. 

If you're Fields and you're as good as people think he is, depth charts don't really matter. Even if Fromm gets the bulk of the time, they'll have packages for Fields so he won't just be holding a clip board.

Packages aren't the same as starting. It just feels to me like a bad situation. Georgia won't screw it up as bad as Kevin Sumlin, but it's like the Kyle Allen-Kyler Murray.

1 hour ago, Danger said:

How is this a hot take or something that is only a B1G thing? The SEC East is a joke, the ACC Coastal is pretty damn bad, the PAC 12 South is laughable and the Big 12 North (when they had it) was awful. It’s a problem in every major conference tbh. 

24 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

How is this a hot take or something that is only a B1G thing? The SEC East is a joke, the ACC Coastal is pretty damn bad, the PAC 12 South is laughable and the Big 12 North (when they had it) was awful. It’s a problem in every major conference tbh. 

It's just the biggest discrepancy. Each of the other conferences has at least 2 competitive teams per division. 

In the Big 10, it's 4 in the east, and just Wisconsin in the west. 

4 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Wonder where Eason tries to transfer to.... Thought Miami for a second since Richt was pretty much the guy who sealed the deal for him at Georgia. I’m sure during the offseason if rumors get out that he wants to transfer, Richt will be in contact. Still think he’s better than Fromm long term. Also surprised there hasn’t been rumors of Ed Oliver transferring. He went from potential top 5 pick when eligible to basically irrelevant. Thanks D’Onofrio

They'd block a transfer to Miami.

50 minutes ago, Danger said:

It's just the biggest discrepancy. Each of the other conferences has at least 2 competitive teams per division. 

Which 2nd competitive team are you talking about in the SEC East? 

Don't get me wrong, the B1G West (or Leaders or whatever the hell they call it) is Wisconsin, the ghost of Nebraska, and memes but this isn't a uniquely bad thing.

The unique thing about Wisconsin's schedule is that we didn't play anybody nonconference and didn't get a tough cross over matchup.

1 hour ago, Danger said:

And that’s not always the case. Iowa, NW and Nebraska aren’t typically bad. 

The SEC East is practically just Georgia this year with Florida being inept offensively. 

Just because the team at the top of the division is so far better than the rest doesn’t mean anything. The entire Pac 12 South is a cesspool this year. Don’t confuse competitive with good. 

4 hours ago, CWood21 said:

They'd block a transfer to Miami.

Yeah. Kirby ain't Richt. He probably wont let Eason head that way.

Eason probably heads back west. Washington/Washington State/Cal could all be favorites, but I wouldnt count out Notre Dame. Eason's dad went there, and he flirted with them as a recruit. Could easily take over in two years after sitting out next year.

3 hours ago, bkobow05 said:

And that’s not always the case. Iowa, NW and Nebraska aren’t typically bad. 

The SEC East is practically just Georgia this year with Florida being inept offensively. 

Just because the team at the top of the division is so far better than the rest doesn’t mean anything. The entire Pac 12 South is a cesspool this year. Don’t confuse competitive with good. 

They're not exactly powerhouses, at least on a year-to-year basis.  They might be quality opponents, but Wisconsin has been the class of the Big 10 West almost by default.  Since the realignment in the Big 10 (2013), there has been only one season where Wisconsin hasn't won the West division.  That was in 2015 when Iowa went 12-2, including 8-0 in the conference with their lone losses being against Michigan State in the Big 10 championship game and Stanford in their bowl game.

Archived