Week 7 GDT: Tampa Bay (2-3) @ Buffalo (3-2)

Trentwannabe

12 minutes ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Good win. Next week is BIGGGGGGGGGGGG

Honestly I think the Jets game is bigger. Raiders are going to be very difficult but we've played every team tough and I expect more of the same. We've got to get some more pressure from the defensive line next week, Derek Carr will tear us apart just like Jameis. 

8 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

Honestly I think the Jets game is bigger. Raiders are going to be very difficult but we've played every team tough and I expect more of the same. We've got to get some more pressure from the defensive line next week, Derek Carr will tear us apart just like Jameis. 

I view Oakland and Tampa very similarly. Both have prolific passing games, limited running games, and bad defenses. Khalil Mack is the only difference and a BIG one at that 

22 minutes ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

I view Oakland and Tampa very similarly. Both have prolific passing games, limited running games, and bad defenses. Khalil Mack is the only difference and a BIG one at that 

Well Bucs also have McCoy so the both have one star guy on defense. Although Khalil is a step above McCoy.

13 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

Carr will throw the ball ~15 times more than we saw this week. It's possible we could seriously give up 450 yards through the air unless we can get some INT's. Obviously, we are not built to get into a shootout. Here's what I'm seeing we need to do stats-wise to win:

1st - For every time we turn the ball over, we must force twice that amount from the Raiders...period. Realistically, our best chance to win is with 0 or 1 turnover, because getting 2 from them is a very legit possibility.

2nd - We must hold the Raiders to no more than 75 yds rushing AND 315 yds passing. (See above for my concerns here.)

3rd - After all of the above, our best chance to win is to keep the total points scored below 50, and then...

4th - Rush for at least 115 yds AND pass for at least 215 yds.

All of 4 of these combined would give us a 1 point victory.

What do I see actually happening?

Raiders 28 (90 yds rushing, 340 yds passing - not 450 because they will struggle coming to the east coast - and 2 turnovers)

Bills 27 (115 yds rushing, 245 yds passing, and 1 turnover)

OR

an OT loss...either way, I see this game being a heart-breaker that we lose because our D can't stop the hemorrhaging.

This will be followed by comments like "Tyrod has performed well the last 2 games! See? Our franchise QB is already on the team!".

I don’t think anyone on here has called Tyrod our franchise QB....and your points don’t make sense because we gave up over 400 yards of total offense, and had the point total over 50, and still won. The Oakland offense could easily match what Tampa did today but do we really think they are going to do even more?? What is Carr gonna pass for 500??

They could put a few more in the end zone, but it’s a home game for us I’ll give our defense the benefit of the doubt against a west coast team traveling east and needing to put up 500 yards of offense and 35 points to beat us most likely.

55 minutes ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

I don’t think anyone on here has called Tyrod our franchise QB....and your points don’t make sense because we gave up over 400 yards of total offense, and had the point total over 50, and still won. The Oakland offense could easily match what Tampa did today but do we really think they are going to do even more?? What is Carr gonna pass for 500??

They could put a few more in the end zone, but it’s a home game for us I’ll give our defense the benefit of the doubt against a west coast team traveling east and needing to put up 500 yards of offense and 35 points to beat us most likely.

The comments about Tyrod are in a general sense online, not specifically on this website.

From a preliminary look, you are right that the loss with less yardage given up doesn't make sense. However, I crunch numbers that tie efficiency multipliers to each team's stats. It matters. Some teams, like the Pats, for example, are very efficient at turning yardage into points, whereas the Falcons, for example, are not. This makes sense if you look at Matt Ryan's fantasy points, which even with a bunch of passing yardage, simply doesn't result in as many TD's as you'd hope/expect, causing him to put up fewer points in most fantasy leagues. Anyway, so it goes beyond pure yardage. In our case, by keeping the total points scored in the game below 50, it gives our team a better chance of walking away with a victory...again, we are not explosive. We can't easily come from behind and I think everyone here would agree with that. If we could somehow turn the game into a defensive battle, our odds of winning goes up significantly.

In the preseason, I had this coming game as an upset win for us, because of that travel to the east coast you mentioned. I also expected a better D on our part...especially regarding the pass rush. Lately, however, we have gotten thinner in our secondary opening up the deep strike in addition to our already poor short passing game defense (Bengals game ring a bell?), Oakland has recently rediscovered how to score points (and they tend to do it with deep passes), and our running game is nowhere near what we had last year. I think it's going to be a tough game to win, even at home. Other than the crowd, our other huge advantage is our tendency to get timely turnovers and surprisingly we do score a fair mount of points or at least greatly benefit from the field position battle because of them. In fact, we're one of the better teams in the league in that regard. I think we can give them an exciting game, but I believe we have a significant uphill battle ahead of us if we are going to pull out a win.

Well with Thompson coming out, i think its time to get rid of Clay... no need for that speedy crappy WR anymore. Id maybe even try to trade him for Martavis Bryant. Bryant is a crappy teammate but he will finally be able to go to a team and be the number 1 option.

1. Bryant

2. Matthews

3. Thompson

4. Jones

5. Holmes

Very solid core right there. Still missing that true #1 but if Bryant is as good as he thinks he is he should make a huge difference for this team. God id love it if Bean is able to trade Kaelin Clay for Martavis Bryant. Its a win win...  we get a talented speedy WR while they get rid of an unhappy player and add a speedy WR who will accept Bryants former role.

24 minutes ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Bryant doesn’t fit what McDermott and Beane want. I wouldn’t mind it though, obviously.

Yeah he definetly does not but i think adding one player that isnt ideal character wise for you is a small price to pay to remain competitive with the Patriots.

And thats why would get a player of his talent so cheap is because of him being a crappy teammate

But got to remember Thompson was arrested twice in the past so we are willing to bring in questionable charcter guys if it helps the team

52 minutes ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Bryant doesn’t fit what McDermott and Beane want. I wouldn’t mind it though, obviously.

Agreed - no chance we trade for Bryant. He's the opposite type of player the Bills want. He's me first and all about his numbers - which was the reason we traded Watkins.

I do see the Bills being active during the deadline and trying to add a quality WR though. Not sure who's available. One thing is forsure though, McDermott/Beane are going to bring in team first guys that aren't selfish. We've seen Watkins traded and rumors are Dareus is on the block. They're purging all the me first guys, instead of team first. I actually love it because we're seeing the difference on the field.

Observations thoughts about this game:

• The culture change is real. I think everyone thought when Evans scored that TD that is was over in a typical Bills fashion. We battled back as a team. Tyrod with a huge throw and then White with the game winning peanut punch.
  • Tyrod continues to impress and his WR core is Jones, Mathews, O'Leary and Thompson....
  • The run game looks like they went back to some old schemes. Power O's with a lot of misdirection runs. Hopefully they keep it up.
  • I love this defense. They might not be the most talented overall but they had turnovers when it mattered most and I've been impressed every game with them.

The Bills are 4-2 and I think this team is for real and not like fast starts in the past. We still have 2 games against the dolphins (overrated imo), jets and colts. If this team plays the same type of football the rest of the year, I can see our playoff streak being broken and us making the playoffs as a WC.

3 hours ago, The BILLievers said:

Observations thoughts about this game:

• The culture change is real. I think everyone thought when Evans scored that TD that is was over in a typical Bills fashion. We battled back as a team. Tyrod with a huge throw and then White with the game winning peanut punch.
  • Tyrod continues to impress and his WR core is Jones, Mathews, O'Leary and Thompson....
  • The run game looks like they went back to some old schemes. Power O's with a lot of misdirection runs. Hopefully they keep it up.
  • I love this defense. They might not be the most talented overall but they had turnovers when it mattered most and I've been impressed every game with them.

The Bills are 4-2 and I think this team is for real and not like fast starts in the past. We still have 2 games against the dolphins (overrated imo), jets and colts. If this team plays the same type of football the rest of the year, I can see our playoff streak being broken and us making the playoffs as a WC.

He was good yesterday but he was god awful against Cincinnati and Tampa Bay has/had one of the worst pass defenses in the league. Tyrod has been okay but I don't know if I would say he's been impressive this season.  

Archived