Week 7 GDT: Tampa Bay (2-3) @ Buffalo (3-2)

Trentwannabe

1 hour ago, LeeEvans said:

He was good yesterday but he was god awful against Cincinnati and Tampa Bay has/had one of the worst pass defenses in the league. Tyrod has been okay but I don't know if I would say he's been impressive this season.  

In terms of reading the field / going over the middle I think it's night and day from last year. Tyrod isn't a pocket passer but also have to take into account his weapons. Hard to pass on great secondary's with O Leary Zay Jones and Co.

Well I just hope our pass defense improves. Gains has been an excellent addition when healthy, which isn't often and Tre White has been very good considering he is still a rookie. I'm expecting us to take 2-3 DB's with our first 6 picks next year. Haha 

Other than that, I think the front 4 need to get more consistent pressure on the QB. Dareus won't be around too much longer. He's like forcing a square peg in a round hole with McDermott's type of player.

Tyrod has done exactly what we've asked of him to this point. I'm pleased with his play, as he has been more consistent than in past years.

All in all, good start to the season and don't mean to be a buzzkill, but we started 4-2 last year too, so let's stay grounded for the time being. :)

17 hours ago, The BILLievers said:

In terms of reading the field / going over the middle I think it's night and day from last year. Tyrod isn't a pocket passer but also have to take into account his weapons. Hard to pass on great secondary's with O Leary Zay Jones and Co.

Yeah I agree that he has really improved in using the whole field and getting through reads but his output and ability to covert when he's needed still seem quite underwhelming. I'm not a Tyrod hater and I don't think he loses us games but I just don't think he does anything to really blow you away. 

15 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

Yeah I agree that he has really improved in using the whole field and getting through reads but his output and ability to covert when he's needed still seem quite underwhelming. I'm not a Tyrod hater and I don't think he loses us games but I just don't think he does anything to really blow you away. 

He needs to run more. 

6 hours ago, LeeEvans said:

Thankfully he had a couple catches late in the game on Sunday. I'm really hoping he can use that as a springboard. I'm still convinced most of the problem is mental and have hope he can correct it. 

Agreed. Dropping that one in Carolina really screwed with his head. You dont just develope bad hands randomly. But he has caught his last two targets so hopefully he can build on that. Move forward. Would love to get him some easy catches at beginning of next weeks game.

2 hours ago, marshawn lynch said:

Agreed. Dropping that one in Carolina really screwed with his head. You dont just develope bad hands randomly. But he has caught his last two targets so hopefully he can build on that. Move forward. Would love to get him some easy catches at beginning of next weeks game.

Zay caught a lot of WR screens in college. I'd be happy getting him involved in that for at least 2-3 times per game over the next few weeks. Just get him used to being involved in the game plan/handling the ball.

17 minutes ago, Yibbyl said:

Zay caught a lot of WR screens in college. I'd be happy getting him involved in that for at least 2-3 times per game over the next few weeks. Just get him used to being involved in the game plan/handling the ball.

Issue with that is that most screens require timing. The timing with Tyrod and Zay seems to be a bit off. I would rather start him off the a short rub route just to get him some space. Maybe throw in a bubble screen.

Archived