Mock draft simulator fun! (2021 edition)

Heinz D.

Here's my first, no trades:

Chicago Bears

20. Mac Jones, QB Alabama

52. Dillon Radunz, OT North Dakota State

83. D’Wayne Eskridge, WR Western Michigan

164. Benjamin St-Juste, CB Minnesota

204. Alaric Jackson, OT Iowa

208. Paris Ford, S Pittsburgh

221. Ian Book, QB Notre Dame

228. Justin Hilliard, LB Ohio State

I think Alaric Jackson is getting a raw deal from the scouting community--he'll end up being a better player than where he ends up being selected. I know virtually nothing about Paris Ford, but value (according to the site) and need met up there.

• Like 1

Crazy trades galore!!!

• CHI
    Mac Jones
    QB Alabama
    trade icon
  • CHI
    Rondale Moore
    WR Purdue

• CHI
    Walker Little
    OT Stanford
    trade icon
  • CHI
    Amon-Ra St. Brown
    WR USC
    trade icon
  • CHI
    Tyson Campbell
    CB Georgia
    trade icon
  • CHI
    Shaun Wade
    S Ohio State
    trade icon
  • CHI
    Daelin Hayes
    EDGE Notre Dame
    trade icon
  • CHI
    Quintin Morris
    TE Bowling Green

• CHI
    Alaric Jackson
    OT Iowa

• CHI
    Josh Ball
    OT Marshall

• CHI
    KJ Costello
    QB Mississippi State

Nobody else monkeying around with these things this year? Maybe everybody is just too depressed. 

Trying a different approach this time.

20. Samuel Cosmi, OT Texas

52. Rondale Moore, WR Purdue

83. Davis Mills, QB Stanford

164. Shaka Toney, EDGE Penn State

204. Jamar Johnson, S Indiana

208. Nick Eubanks, TE Michigan

221. Dan Moore, OT Texas A&M

228. Feleipe Franks, QB Arkansas 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Nobody else monkeying around with these things this year? Maybe everybody is just too depressed. 

Sign me up

4 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

I’m doing it constantly tbh, both with or without a QB trade up.

Guys I keep ending up taking:

OT Teven Jenkins 

WR Tylan Wallace 

WR D’Wayne Eskridge

S Divine Deablo (maybe the most epic name ever for a defensive player?)

EDGE Chris Rumph II 

EDGE Jonathon Cooper 

RB Elijah Mitchell (until we added Williams)

• Like 2

Like most people, i normally run multiple on various sites. for the sake of conversation in the last month before the draft...

20) Christian Darrisaw - future starter in LT, maybe allows us to cut loose leno as a post june 1 and use the savings for extensions or other FAs that might get cut after the draft

52) Richie Grant - S - saw too much value with grant sitting there. gives Ejax a consistant running mate for the next 4 years. Grant can play high, in the box, or slot, and gives Desai an option if he wants to get back to vic's 2-high safety look that we thrived on in 2018

83) Davis Mills - QB - potential QB of the future. he is smart, mobile enough, and can make most if not all pro throws. his lack of experience means he should sit behind dalton for the next year with the possibility of taking over in 2022

164) Jaelon Darden - WR - a little scat bug that's hard to catch once he gets the ball. definitely on the smaller side, but plug him into the slot in place of miller and he should thrive. he killed dudes in college, and even though it was at UNT, that shouldn't be overlooked

204) Michal Menet - C - before we annoint mustipher as the next olin, lets give him some competition. Menet is a smart, technically sound C, and should push to make the roster as a backup C

208) Patrick Jones - Edge - never hurts to continue to get athletes at the most important positions

221) Frank Darby - WR - double dipping at WR. Darby is a dude, i believe he's pretty underrated. bigger body type but can make plays. allows us to easily move on from Wims

228) Tony Poljan - TE - tbh i dont know much about him, but he's big at 6'7'' 260 and should replace (god, i cant even think of his name, that's how replaceable he is) as our 3rd TE. had good receiving stats at virginia as well. 

• Like 1

20) Rashod Bateman - WR - forget 2020, look back at 2019 and you'll see a big WR that knows how to get open. the pursuit of golladay to pair with arob should tell us something, and bateman might be a better pairing. it also gives us insurance in case arob leaves after next year or is traded, we have his replacement

52) Walker Little - OT - little is hard to project. he looked like a stud a couple years ago, but then missed a season due to injury and another as an opt out. teams are going to have to project that he's developed over the last couple years. in any case, i grabbed the projection here to serve as our swing tackle, giving us a year to see if he's the future LT or RT

83) Kellen Mond - QB - for the record, i'm not a fan of his, but i'm in the acceptance stage that if we took him, well, fine. have him sit a year behind dalton and see if we can work on the mechanics that made him so inconsistant. without a 4th round pick, i grab him here.

164) D'ante Smith - OT - i honestly couldn't believe he was still on the board, but the draft is a crap shoot. this is a guy i believe can play LT at the next level, but needs a little bit of time to bulk up. with him and little, we have the deepest Oline that i've seen in a while

204) Whop Philor - WR - back to the WR well, and we have another B10 WR with a down 2020 but a big 2019. in 4-WR sets with Philor and Mooney in the slot and arob and bateman outside, that's gonna be hard to defend

208) Johnathan Marshall - DL - big bodied lineman that should be a rotational guy behind goldman, replacing the always around jenkins. gives us a guy to learn in case hicks leaves next year

221) Tarron Jackson - Edge - same as my last draft, throw athletes at the important positions and see what sticks

228) Riley Cole - guy has a nose for the ball, averaging almost 10 tackles per game. can he be the new kwit? no idea, but worst case he should give us ST depth

• Like 1

TRADE - bears trade 2021 1st, 2nd and 2022 1st and 3rd for Denver's 2021 1st and 2022 4th round pick.

9) Trey Lance - QB - after a run of QBs, Lance is the last guy standing. not wanted to take a chance that someone else trades up or takes him, chicago goes all in for their new QB.

83) Brady Christiansen - OT - i believe this guy might be a little underrated, but he's here at 83 and i grab him. swing OT this year, starter next year. needs to work on getting stronger and understanding how pass rushers use their moves. didn't see a ton of high-end athletes against BYU, with his toughest test this year being the kid from coastal carolina. a year of practice against speed and power of our defense should help him improve and move into a starting role next season

164) Cornell Powell - WR - late bloomer, not overly fast, but does a good job of coming back to the ball. really broke out this last year. WR3/4 ceiling

204) Chauncey Golston - Edge/DL - 6'5" 270, golston becomes our new RRH. we take training camp to see if he should play edge or DE

208) Tuf Borland - LB - more ILB. experience player should be able to compete right away for backup snaps against Woods and Iggy

221) Sam Ehlinger - QB - tbh i don't think he's a great qb, but it doesn't hurt to take another stab at the position. maybe he becomes our taysom hill? if he's our 3rd qb, throw him in at personal protector or other ST while he also runs scout team **** for us

228) Greg Eisworth - S - another guy in the vein of bush, DHC, lucas, Eisworth is a leader on the field and a heat-seeking missle in run support, but struggles when playing man defense. if we move to more of a zone, he should be ok. ST depth and S competition

just ran 3 mocks, each a little different but most of the same. Focused on OT/WR/QB in the first 3 rounds, of various order, while filling out depth or double dipping with our later picks. would be ok with any of them happening. don't know a ton about later round guys tbh, but i tried to fill out needs and depth position. all 3 drafts have different players taken, kinda like what adam hoge does with his, to give a sense of who's available around when at what position

Edited by HuskieBear
adding info
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, HuskieBear said:

TRADE - bears trade 2021 1st, 2nd and 2022 1st and 3rd for Denver's 2021 1st and 2022 4th round pick.

9) Trey Lance - QB - after a run of QBs, Lance is the last guy standing. not wanted to take a chance that someone else trades up or takes him, chicago goes all in for their new QB.

83) Brady Christiansen - OT - i believe this guy might be a little underrated, but he's here at 83 and i grab him. swing OT this year, starter next year. needs to work on getting stronger and understanding how pass rushers use their moves. didn't see a ton of high-end athletes against BYU, with his toughest test this year being the kid from coastal carolina. a year of practice against speed and power of our defense should help him improve and move into a starting role next season

164) Cornell Powell - WR - late bloomer, not overly fast, but does a good job of coming back to the ball. really broke out this last year. WR3/4 ceiling

204) Chauncey Golston - Edge/DL - 6'5" 270, golston becomes our new RRH. we take training camp to see if he should play edge or DE

208) Tuf Borland - LB - more ILB. experience player should be able to compete right away for backup snaps against Woods and Iggy

221) Sam Ehlinger - QB - tbh i don't think he's a great qb, but it doesn't hurt to take another stab at the position. maybe he becomes our taysom hill? if he's our 3rd qb, throw him in at personal protector or other ST while he also runs scout team **** for us

228) Greg Eisworth - S - another guy in the vein of bush, DHC, lucas, Eisworth is a leader on the field and a heat-seeking missle in run support, but struggles when playing man defense. if we move to more of a zone, he should be ok. ST depth and S competition

I actually like this way more than I feel like I should.

Lance and Ehlinger gives a clear athletic profile for the next HC, OT gets to hopefully have a Daniels 2020 offseason to get stronger and bigger, Powell had some really good games flashes without Lawrence, a 3T fit for nickel, Tuf is just the perfect name for a Bears MLB.

Draft-Simulator.png

I finally had to do one.

Planned on a Jones/Trask competition, didn't work out. Got the prototypical pocket passer and hopefully he learns whatever he can from Dalton and Foles.

Toney is Percy Harvin lite. Great athlete, explosive, will get YAC.

Liam is Leno's replacement. No more flopping like a fish at DE's feet.

Brady is going to eventually be the RT. May be the swing this year but he will take over soon enough.

Williams is going to be battling for the 2 spot at CB. We need more talent there.

AO is going to be Mack's shadow. Powerful kid who needs to learn technique and how to take advantage of day one physical gifts

Doyle has LT traits and needs coached up. Will be in the RT battle with Brady and the loser goes to be the swing OT.

Snowden can play inside or outside IMO. Can learn to be the thumper like Kwiat was next to Smith or can be the utility OLB like Floyd.

Landon is an interior guy. He is a bulldozer who eventually gets to bully people in the middle. May even try center to get the best 5 guys on the field.

Slaton is a tank, pray he ends up like Hicks and keeps getting stronger, but likely is the guy who rotates with Goldman and in heavy fronts.

Powell popped last year. Outside of ARob we have little to rely on at WR. Toney is a massive talent but Miller is a talented headcase. After that we're very meh. Powell challenges for WR 4 early on.

Kmet was a better blocker than I expected, if he is to stay in that role we need a move end. Reyes is a crazy athlete who can develop, maybe be a redzone threat early on. Together they at least provide a hellish duo to be able to match up against.

Duffy - this is for me and you @beardown3231 😘

• Like 2