Vikings sign CB Mackensie Alexander

SteelKing728

7 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

Could see Alexander as the nickel CB and manning the slot with Gladney as a full time boundary CB. I know Alexander wanted to play on the outside and that’s why he left Mn in the first place, but he’s probably the best slot CB on the roster.

Where does that leave Dantzler? We have Patrick Peterson as well.

Do you think one of them move to Safety?

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

Where does that leave Dantzler? We have Patrick Peterson as well.

Do you think one of them move to Safety?

No, Dantzler or Alexander will be the 4th CB. Guess it will depend upon who looks better. I’d expect Peterson and Gladney to start at CB. 

36 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

I'd send Hughes off in a trade or cap saving cut. He's useless at this point. 

Welcome back Mack!!

I agree. I think there’s enough now In that top 4 group to feel okay moving on, not that Hughes was really a long term factor given his injury history anyway. 

Boyd is good enough to be the 5th CB. Where’s Holton Hill these days?

1 hour ago, vikingsrule said:

I agree. I think there’s enough now In that top 4 group to feel okay moving on, not that Hughes was really a long term factor given his injury history anyway. 

Boyd is good enough to be the 5th CB. Where’s Holton Hill these days?

Hill is long gone 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

I don't see us giving up on Dantzler. He's built/has the skillset to be a boundary CB.

Wouldn’t say it’s giving up on him. He’s a third round pick and you need four good CBs for what Zimmer likes to do. Both Peterson and Alexander are on one year deals.

3 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

Wouldn’t say it’s giving up on him. He’s a third round pick and you need four good CBs for what Zimmer likes to do. Both Peterson and Alexander are on one year deals.

Where you are picked at is mostly irrelevant after the fact. Maybe the only thing that matters is that 1st round picks get more chances when they fail.

One year deals are the norm this year due to the cap going down. A lot of veterans took 1 year deals this offseason.