Your Top 10 Players Right Now

Mox

1 minute ago, Bullet Club said:

Kobe played with the best player in the league for 3 titles, let's cool down on criticizing others for their teammates. People don't understand the 13 and 14 Heat weren't super teams in the slightest.

but you couldn't go to Shaq in the 4th because he couldn't shoot Free throws. Kobe was out there closing and winning titles as a 21 year old 

Edited by Humble_Beast

12 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

I rate Bird higher but Kobe's longevity edge makes me at least kind of think about it.

Eh, I don't put too much stock into longevity comparing the two. Bird entered the league at 23, Kobe was 18. Bird retired after his age 35 season. Kobe's seasons after age 35? 101 games, 19 PPG on 36.4/28.7/82.0 shooting.

1 minute ago, Humble_Beast said:

but you couldn't go to Shaq in the 4th because he couldn't shoot Free throws. Kobe was out there closer and winning titles as a 21 year old 

3-peat Shaq in 4th quarter in playoffs

99-00: 72/107 67.3% shooting

00-01: 37/69 53.6% shooting

01-02: 30/80 37.5% shooting

3-peat Kobe in 4th quarter in playoffs

99-00: 31/84 36.9% shooting

00-01: 38/77 49.4% shooting

01-02: 52/106 49.1% shooting

So that was only true once during their 3 peat.

10 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Eh, I don't put too much stock into longevity comparing the two. Bird entered the league at 23, Kobe was 18. Bird retired after his age 35 season. Kobe's seasons after age 35? 101 games, 19 PPG on 36.4/28.7/82.0 shooting.

It bugs me Bird screwed up his back and knocked so many years off his career. He was still dropping 20.2-9.6-6.8 on 47-41-93 splits at age 35 with zero mobility.

• Like 1

Just now, Bullet Club said:

It bugs me Bird screwed up his back and knocked so many years off his career. He was still dropping 20.2-9.6-6.8 on 47-41-93 splits at age 35 with zero mobility.

Yep. He was as special as special gets. Truly do feel like he's the most individually talented player we've ever seen but Michael transcended the game and Larry gets lost in the shuffle because of that. Obviously, not saying people don't think Larry is an all-timer but he legit needs to be at the top of these lists and he rarely, if ever, is. He's in my top 5 all-time, without question.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Yep. He was as special as special gets. Truly do feel like he's the most individually talented player we've ever seen but Michael transcended the game and Larry gets lost in the shuffle because of that. Obviously, not saying people don't think Larry is an all-timer but he legit needs to be at the top of these lists and he rarely, if ever, is. He's in my top 5 all-time, without question.

Yeah, he was disrespected a ton when I was growing up in the 00's as a slow white dude who couldn't hang. Now he's be a god in this era. If only Bird hadn't ruined his back and Magic hadn't caught HIV. The early 90's would've been way more fun and those two would even higher up there.

• Like 1

Yeah, he was disrespected a ton when I was growing up in the 00's as a slow white dude who couldn't hang. Now he's be a god in this era. If only Bird hadn't ruined his back and Magic hadn't caught HIV. The early 90's would've been way more fun and those two would even higher up there.

His mid-80s numbers were insane.

28.1/9.7/6.8 on 51.7/41.4/90.1 over a 4 year span. Imagine him in this era lmao.

• Like 1

Just now, beekay414 said:

His mid-80s numbers were insane.

28.1/9.7/6.8 on 51.7/41.4/90.1 over a 4 year span. Imagine him in this era lmao.

3 straight MVP's too. As I've gone back and studied NBA history Bird, Magic, Oscar, and Nash are guys I've come to appreciate sooooooo much more.

• Like 1

3 straight MVP's too. As I've gone back and studied NBA history Bird, Magic, Oscar, and Nash are guys I've come to appreciate sooooooo much more.

Just the stories about Bird, alone, make me appreciate him as a player and competitor. Didn't he play an entire game left handed and drop 40 points or something crazy like that?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Just the stories about Bird, alone, make me appreciate him as a player and competitor. Didn't he play an entire game left handed and drop 40 points or something crazy like that?

Broke McHale scoring record 9 days later after saying KM should have kept scoring to keep it safe. I think he once told Daly he forgot to put a defender on him when Rodman was guarding him 🤣

• Like 2

Just now, Bullet Club said:

Broke McHale scoring record 9 days later after saying KM should have kept scoring to keep it safe. I think he once told Daly he forgot to put a defender on him when Rodman was guarding him 🤣

I think it's safe to say there's never been a player, in any sport, that exuberated more confidence than Larry Bird.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

So he didn't play the entire game left handed but hit 10 of his 21 makes with his left hand and went 7-7 from the FT line shooting lefty while posting a 47 point, 14 rebound, 11 assist line lmao

After the game, the media asked Bird why he shot so much with his off hand, to which he replied “I’m saving my right hand for the Lakers.”

Sure enough, when Boston played Los Angeles two days later, they won again, 105-99, with The Hick From French Lick scoring 22 points, 18 rebounds and 7 assists.

Edited by beekay414