Your Top 10 Players Right Now

Mox

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Kyrie is definitely very, very good but he's not a top 10 player in the league. Which is fine, there are literally only 10 of them, lol. I just can't see how people can praise Dame as so incredible then bash Kyrie who's coming off of a 27/5/6 season on 50/40/90 splits. 

Dame's significantly more impactful. He has way more gravity/draws more attention, much better playmaker for others, better leader, and he has proven to at least have some success as the guy. Nowhere near as much as Harden but way more than Kyrie.

2 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

LeBron's physical gifts are certainly one of the reasons he's become an elite scorer and sometimes it's not always the prettiest (or a work of art to use your words) but it's incredibly effective and on top of that he's an elite playmaker for others which is arguably the most important skill in basketball. He might not have MJ's moves but MJ can't facilitate like LeBron can.

I personally only have Lebron barely in my top 5 all time rankings, I don't drink the kool aid the mass media feeds the sheep. Lebron needs to prove himself at the highest level, where he has failed so much. Gets harder to win when good teams are scheming against you, that's when your true skill is exposed. Coming from a Laker fan, I'm a Lebron guy 

6 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Lebron is one of the all time greats, but I don't have him as some goat like the media makes him out to be.

He's definitely one of the greatest players to ever play the game. It's hard to compare players across eras because the league is way different then it was in the 1990s or 2000s. Sure Jordan won 6/6 finals, are we going to ignore the fact that he also failed to make the finals in the 9 years of his career? Sure Kobe won 5 rings but are we going to ignore the fact that he wasn't even the best player on his own team for the first 3, got 2 on his own, but most of his teams were pretty bad post Shaq outside of those title teams. 

LeBron led his team to the Finals as a young player with one of the worst supporting casts for a finals team ever early in his career and ran into a dynasty. He then went to 8 straight finals with Cleveland/Miami, winning 2 with Miami and 1 with Cleveland, but also ran into another dynasty with the Warriors. Then came to the Lakers, a team that had been bad/irrelevant since Kobe retired, and won a championship there as well. 

7 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

I wouldn't say Lebron is a work of art scorer, or some Kyrie legendary handle. 

LeBron holds the record for most seasons averaging 25+ ppg with 17 and he has done it in 17 straight seasons. The guys with the second most 25+ ppg seasons are Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, Kevin Durant, and Karl Malone with 12 each. But how can you say LeBron isn't a great scorer when he has 5 more 25+ ppg seasons than any player in history and they've all come consecutively. He's probably the most consistent player in NBA history. 

9 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Kyrie is definitely very, very good but he's not a top 10 player in the league. Which is fine, there are literally only 10 of them, lol. I just can't see how people can praise Dame as so incredible then bash Kyrie who's coming off of a 27/5/6 season on 50/40/90 splits. 

People bash Kyrie because of his personality, not his skills.

And Lillard just averaged 29/8/4 on 45/39/93 splits. He's always outperformed Kyrie (even if only slightly). He just didn't have an opportunity to tag along with LeBron and Durant.

Lillard carries. Kyrie hitches his wagon.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

I personally only have Lebron barely in my top 5 all time rankings, I don't drink the kool aid the mass media feeds the sheep. Lebron needs to prove himself at the highest level, where he has failed so much. Gets harder to win when good teams are scheming against you, that's when your true skill is exposed. Coming from a Laker fan, I'm a Lebron guy 

Kobe failed to reach the finals in 13/20 seasons and lost in the finals twice. Michael Jordan failed to reach the finals in 9/15 seasons in the league. Why did they fail to prove themselves in the playoffs? They couldn't even make it to the biggest stage, so obviously, overrated. 

4 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Good teams have been scheming against LeBron since he was 19, and he's the greatest game 7 player of all time. He has 4 titles, 4 MVP's, some the greatest finals games of all time, and arguably the greatest comeback in basketball history. He doesn't need to prove himself.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Yeah, a 4x champion and 4x Finals MVP with countless legendary moments and the most game winning shots in playoff history needs to prove himself.

I'm done now. Enjoy it fellas.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, seminoles1 said:

People bash Kyrie because of his personality, not his skills.

And Lillard just averaged 29/8/4 on 45/39/93 splits. He's always outperformed Kyrie (even if only slightly). He just didn't have an opportunity to tag along with LeBron and Durant.

Lillard carries. Kyrie hitches his wagon.

Yes, even as a Duke fan, Kyrie is probably the only former Duke player I'm not a fan of. 

And I agree that Dame is better, Kyrie has just been in much better situations. I don't think either is the #1 guy on a title team. 

But then you have people come here claiming Kyrie is better than LeBron which then turns into a Kyrie slander party. He's very good but also very unlikeable, injury prone, and has proven he can't carry a team when it matters. 

1 minute ago, Bullet Club said:

Good teams have been scheming against LeBron since he was 19, and he's the greatest game 7 player of all time. He has 4 titles, 4 MVP's, some the greatest finals games of all time, and arguably the greatest comeback in basketball history. He doesn't need to prove himself.

The fact that LeBron dipped to Miami and instantly made them a contender/won titles, then dipped back to Cleveland instantly made them a contender/won a title, then dipped to Los Angeles and instantly made them a contender/won a title, says all you have to know about how great LeBron is. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

The fact that LeBron dipped to Miami and instantly made them a contender/won titles, then dipped back to Cleveland instantly made them a contender/won a title, then dipped to Los Angeles and instantly made them a contender/won a title, says all you have to know about how great LeBron is. 

Hope he dips to whatever team drafts his boy, for vet minimum at age 40, and makes them a contender even in his old age.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

I think Michael Jordan is the best player to ever play basketball but I don't think anyone has ever brought more total career value than LeBron James. His combo of peak/prime/longevity is unreal.

Just now, beekay414 said:

Hope he dips to whatever team drafts his boy, for vet minimum at age 40, and makes them a contender even in his old age.

Even if Bronny James averages 2 ppg the Jazz need to trade up to #1 and go get him just to sign LeBron for a year, lol. 

Just now, Bullet Club said:

I think Michael Jordan is the best player to ever play basketball but I don't think anyone has ever brought more total career value than LeBron James. His combo of peak/prime/longevity is unreal.

Agreed. I think Jordan will always be considered the GOAT by pretty much everyone, not only because of how great he was on the court but also because of his influence on culture in general. But I think LeBron is the most valuable player in league history, throughout his career whatever team he's on has almost been guaranteed a finals appearance. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

Agreed. I think Jordan will always be considered the GOAT by pretty much everyone, not only because of how great he was on the court but also because of his influence on culture in general. But I think LeBron is the most valuable player in league history, throughout his career whatever team he's on has almost been guaranteed a finals appearance. 

It's weird because GOAT could apply to either definition.

• Like 2