Your Top 10 Players Right Now

Mox

Also @Jeezla Harden has been healthy every year up until this season and his reduced scoring production obviously is largely in part to the fact that he was playing with other star players. He played all of the 2019-2020 season, averaged 34 ppg, and took Houston to the 2nd round, lol. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

Also @Jeezla Harden has been healthy every year up until this season and his reduced scoring production obviously is largely in part to the fact that he was playing with other star players. He played all of the 2019-2020 season, averaged 34 ppg, and took Houston to the 2nd round, lol. 

And now father time caught up

1 minute ago, Jeezla said:

Do you think Portland is good without Dame? I think Nets make the playoffs even if Harden sits the season out.

Have the Blazers ever been a legitimate contender or has Lillard ever been an MVP candidate? Harden won one on the best team in the league that was a game away from the finals. Lillard has never shown that he can carry a team like that. 

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He averaged 25, 8, and 11 while shooting the 2nd highest FG% of his career this season, lol.

Which is a decline, aside from shooting %. And now he will probably decline again. That's how aging and injury works for people not named Lebron.

Box score scouting aside, did he look like the same guy to you when watching him? Honestly?
It was obvious to me he doesn't move quite like he used to. Now he'll have even more tendonitis, less explosion, and get hurt more easily.

Edited by Jeezla

3 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Which is a decline, aside from shooting %. And now he will probably decline again. That's how aging and injury works for people not named Lebron.

Box score scouting aside, did he look like the same guy to you when watching him? Honestly?
It was obvious to me he doesn't move quite like he used to.

I mean Dame ain't exactly known to be Mr.Efficient in the playoffs either though, he shot 46% this year but it was in 6 games. The previous years in the postseason he shot 40% (4 games), 41% (16 games), and 35% (4 games). 

He definitely looked a little thicc this year but I think part of that was him wanting out of Houston and not really taking his off-season training as serious while they were refusing to trade him. Didn't help that a lot of gyms were closed due to the pandemic and there was a short off-season. 

14 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I mean Dame ain't exactly known to be Mr.Efficient in the playoffs either though, he shot 46% this year but it was in 6 games. The previous years in the postseason he shot 40% (4 games), 41% (16 games), and 35% (4 games). 

He definitely looked a little thicc this year but I think part of that was him wanting out of Houston and not really taking his off-season training as serious while they were refusing to trade him. Didn't help that a lot of gyms were closed due to the pandemic and there was a short off-season. 

I guess time will tell. Lillard is the same age, but it doesn't seem like his agility/explosion has been affected yet. Harden looked like he was moving at 85% of the speed of his MVP version when he was healthy, and it's rare to see someone bounce back athletically at age 32 that isn't some combine freak, so most likely this past season was the beginning of the end for Harden, where as Dame looked like the same guy.

Edited by Jeezla

Just now, Jeezla said:

I guess time will tell. Lillard is the same age, but it doesn't seem like his agility/explosion has been affected yet. Harden looked like he was moving at 85% of the speed of his MVP version, and it's rare to see someone bounce back athletically at age 32 that isn't some combine freak, so most likely this past season was the beginning of the end for Harden, where as Dame looked like the same guy.

Harden's also a bigger player who doesn't depend on his athleticism as much to score and is also a great playmaker. I agree, Dame did look like the same guy putting up crazy scoring numbers in a 1st round exit. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Harden's also a bigger player who doesn't depend on his athleticism as much to score and is also a great playmaker. I agree, Dame did look like the same guy putting up crazy scoring numbers in a 1st round exit. 

Doesn't depend on athleticism as much, but he still needs it/uses it. And it's going to make him a defensive liability.

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Also for Lillard not losing a step only 23% of his FGA came at the rim this year, the lowest of his career. 

I bet his 3% went up. he prob has lost a step, just not the giant leap for mankind step James took.

Edited by Jeezla

This is only getting worse. Even out of shape Harden was putting up better box and advanced numbers. Imagine what it'll be like next year when he does try to gain 30 lbs before the season starts to force a trade.

Edited by Bullet Club

Just now, Jeezla said:

Doesn't depend on athleticism as much, but he still needs it/uses it. And it's going to make him a defensive liability.

Yeah but Harden also gets to the FT line at an insane rate. This year was the worst FTR year of his career since becoming a full time starter and it was the same as Dame's best year. He also just had his most efficient year scoring since becoming a full time starter and averaged 11 assists per game. He never has been a great defender and never will be one. 

Despite that he has been a positive DBPM every year of his career while Lillard has been a negative DBPM in 7/9 years. For their careers Harden is a +0.9 and Lillard is a -0.8, lol. Last year Harden was a +0.6 and Lillard was a -1.6...