Most disappointing Super Bowl from a neutral perspective

Nut

4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Yep. The DVOA says the Buccaneer record should of been more like 12-13 wins but they had some growing pains for some obvious reasons. I don't think they'll win the Super Bowl this year but they should be the clear favorite to win the South and be a contender in the NFC. 

Yeah it wasn't surprising that Tampa Bay did what they did. The QB was new and in a new offense so there was an adjustment period and finding the right balance, they had to integrate Gronk and Brown. But once you saw what they did to the Packers, you knew they had the potential to go off. They just got it together late and once they did that was all she wrote. 

Hell look at who they lost to in the regular season. The Saints twice, the Chiefs, and the Rams. All teams that were consistently championship contenders over the last 3-4 years and were relatively well oiled machines. The only weird loss was the Bears. Then once they got to the playoffs they were beating all the well oiled machines because they were just that good. 

• Like 1

I finally got a pre-season Super Bowl pick right in Tampa over Kansas City. This year I’m leaning Green Bay over Miami. Really depends if Tua grows, or if he sucks. I think he’ll grow. That Miami roster is lookin pretty sweet, and Flores is a great coach. 

The 2017-2020 Saints were 3-3 at home in the playoffs. They were owed nothing. They were robbed of nothing.

If we are talking about Super Bowls since 2010, they are nothing.

We could cry about the 1976 Patriots (phantom roughing), 2008 Eagles (Curtis tackled before the ball on 4th down), the 2012 Falcons (defensive holding uncalled on the goal line) and the 2017 Jags (Mack was not down by contact) and probably 50 other teams that lost in playoff games before the Super Bowl on tough or bad calls. The Saints are professional whiners though, so they get the most pub.

Chiefs/Buccaneers: Completely anti-climactic, KC no-showed. Felt robbed of a great game.

Patriots/Eagles: Not one shred of defense played, good day for fantasy points and people who watch one game a year, shameful day for real football.

Seahawks/Broncos: Over at halftime. I thought the first half was actually somewhat interesting from a pure football perspective, but ultimately it's hard to enjoy a blowout.