MrOaktown's Mock

MrOaktown_56

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

he'll be almost 30 by the time his rookie contract is done. lol. Tired of drafting guys in their mid 20s who peaked in college 

I’m tired of drafting bad players. Grant is not that. If he’s a 24 year old rookie, he’ll be 28 at the end of his rookie deal. That isn’t old. Safeties play into their 30s when they’re good. If he even gets to a 2nd contract that’ll be a big improvement of most of our secondary draft picks.
With respect, this is idiotic analysis at best. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I actually agree with you about Brown. He’s getting overrated by many OT needy fans of many teams who want an OT later. I would not be shocked at all if Brown is available at our 4th Round Pick, and I’m not even sure I’d select him there. 

James Hudson looks interesting. Same with Walker little. Depth might push some of these guys down the board.

42 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I’m tired of drafting bad players. Grant is not that. If he’s a 24 year old rookie, he’ll be 28 at the end of his rookie deal. That isn’t old. Safeties play into their 30s when they’re good. If he even gets to a 2nd contract that’ll be a big improvement of most of our secondary draft picks.
With respect, this is idiotic analysis at best. 

so it's idiotic because you don't agree with it? okay..... a player in his mid 20s from a lousy conference. IM GOOD. 

no offense but I would rather listen to an expert who gets paid to scout, then a poster on FF

"As the veteran of that secondary, he needed to do a better job of making sure everyone was on the same page. There were so many busts from game to game out of that unit. But I like his ball talent and his overall field toughness." -- Area scout for NFC team

• Average hip fluidity for directional change in space.
  • Plays with just average speed and length in man coverage.
  • Lacks recovery burst to make up lost coverage distance.
  • Too many busts from the UCF secondary as back-end leader.
  • Fell victim to coverage confusion near goal line.
  • Runs into too many blocks when operating as down safety.
  • Needs more consistent hustle to the ball from backside.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/richie-grant/32004752-4147-9686-c8f8-f55c7614f68b

Tedric Thompson pro comparison= ILL PASS. A bit IDIOTIC to think your evaluation of Grant is UNIVERSAL. dude could be a jag at the next level, he would be a first round lock if he was some can't miss prospect. Bar seems low to just draft a guy because he might earn a 2nd contract.  Actually would rather have 4-5 other FS prospects in the 2nd. not to rip your mock apart**

Edited by Humble_Beast

20 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

so it's idiotic because you don't agree with it? okay..... a player in his mid 20s from a lousy conference. IM GOOD. 

no offense but I would rather listen to an expert who gets paid to scout, then a poster on FF

"As the veteran of that secondary, he needed to do a better job of making sure everyone was on the same page. There were so many busts from game to game out of that unit. But I like his ball talent and his overall field toughness." -- Area scout for NFC team

• Average hip fluidity for directional change in space.
  • Plays with just average speed and length in man coverage.
  • Lacks recovery burst to make up lost coverage distance.
  • Too many busts from the UCF secondary as back-end leader.
  • Fell victim to coverage confusion near goal line.
  • Runs into too many blocks when operating as down safety.
  • Needs more consistent hustle to the ball from backside.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/richie-grant/32004752-4147-9686-c8f8-f55c7614f68b

Tedric Thompson pro comparison= ILL PASS. A bit IDIOTIC to think your evaluation of Grant is UNIVERSAL. dude could be a jag at the next level, he would be a first round lock if he was some can't miss prospect. Bar seems low to just draft a guy because he might earn a 2nd contract.  Actually would rather have 4-5 other FS prospects in the 2nd. not to rip your mock apart**

You basically told me you didn’t watch him. Then quoted an anonymous scout. A scout who actually praised him. Is it his fault his teammates busted coverages?

Do you really want me to break down where good free safeties went by school or conference? 

I can pick these arguments apart in so many ways.

If you gave me something that wasn't so shallow, we could actually have some kind of reasonable discourse. 

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

I actually agree with you about Brown. He’s getting overrated by many OT needy fans of many teams who want an OT later. I would not be shocked at all if Brown is available at our 4th Round Pick, and I’m not even sure I’d select him there. 

Why I'd just take a tackle in the 1st or second. 

D'nate Smith from East Carolina is my 3rd round guy

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

I'd be more surprised if he's still there in the 3rd. He has all the tools but obviously needs a lot of coaching coming out of Northern Iowa.

1 minute ago, oakdb36 said:

I'd be more surprised if he's still there in the 3rd. He has all the tools but obviously needs a lot of coaching coming out of Northern Iowa.

Beer on me if he goes in the 2nd, beer on you if he goes in the 4th, many beers on Frankie if he goes in the 3rd. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Beer on me if he goes in the 2nd, beer on you if he goes in the 4th, many beers on Frankie if he goes in the 3rd. 

I wanted to take some kind of tackle by the end of the 3rd. Granted, I would trade up to secure one with a higher floor, but TDN trades are premium only.

56 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

You basically told me you didn’t watch him. Then quoted an anonymous scout. A scout who actually praised him. Is it his fault his teammates busted coverages?

Do you really want me to break down where good free safeties went by school or conference? 

I can pick these arguments apart in so many ways.

If you gave me something that wasn't so shallow, we could actually have some kind of reasonable discourse. 

my FS big board 

1. Moehrig 1st (late)

2. Holland 2nd

3. J Johnson 2nd

4. Molden 3rd

5. Wade 3rd

6. St. Juste 3rd

7. Grant 3rd

8. Mukuamu 3rd 

overall, meh free safety class. I guess in the 3rd, it's close and it's your cup of tea. Play it safe with a lower ceiling prospect, or try to convert a CB who could project as a better FS on the next level. 

Edited by Humble_Beast

27 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

my FS big board 

1. Moehrig 1st (late)

2. Holland 2nd

3. J Johnson 2nd

4. Molden 3rd

5. Wade 3rd

6. St. Juste 3rd

7. Grant 3rd

8. Mukuamu 3rd 

overall, meh free safety class. I guess in the 3rd, it's close and it's your cup of tea. Play it safe with a lower ceiling prospect, or try to convert a CB who could project as a better FS on the next level. 

Trying to convert players is the mental gymnastics that got us our draft class last year.

9 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

If FS isn't drafted in the first 2 rounds, Gillespie and Forrest are the 2 players i'd target.