MrOaktown's Mock

MrOaktown_56

Everyone is making threads. I figured I would give it a shot. Used TDN and tried to not "steal" players, but I couldn't really help it.

This is also what I would do.

I've been bouncing around a lot this year, but I like a lot of players and trust my evaluations.

17. Kwity Paye: EDGE, Michigan

KwityPaye_cred_bryanfuller.jpg?fit=1000,

Love the player. And the more I think about it, it makes a lot of sense. Day 1 can play the run and pass. I think his best years will be in 2 and 3, but don't let the sack #'s fool you. He's already disruptive. I think it's worth trying to replicate SF's success building a formidable front.

LOVE JOK too, but watch me get value later in the draft.

48. Richie Grant: FS, UCF

USATSI_14231798.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

Love the player. Does everything well. Nothing great and isn't a flashy athlete (which is why he may drop to around here), but projects as an above average free safety in the league for me and an easy plug and play day 1 starter.

79. Spencer Brown: OT, Northern Iowa

1303369909.jpeg

A popular developmental pick. I like what I've seen from him (been watching him more this week). I anticipate Good starting at RT with the young buck Simpson playing right guard.

I think Brown has all the tools/athletic traits you want and a decent floor. If he was a big school guy, could go a round earlier.

80. Cameron McGrone:  LB, Michigan

FBL19_NotreDame_mgb54_.jpg
Absolute missile when healthy. Health has been an issue, but has impressive ability. It's lazy, but may remind some of Devin Bush, with more injuries and. a little less twitchy of an athlete. Don't need day 1 contribution, but he's the kind of LB value you can find in the 3rd round in this draft.

121. Seth Williams: WR, Auburn

77b7cff7-1d02-4da4-a753-d83b1284790e-USA

I have a bias for SEC WR's. Especially ones with really, really good hands. Underrated speed and plays with an attitude that you have to love.

Late day 2/early day 3 always tends to have value at WR for me. We have a lot of small receivers on the roster and no legit Edwards backup.  I think Williams can sneak onto the back end of the roster and be a RZ factor in year 1, if called upon.

162. Rodarius Williams: CB, Okhlahoma State

WilliamsR1806_OSUAthletics.jpg

A nice sleeper. Haven't watched him much and we do have a backlog at CB, but I figured I'd take another shot. Brother of Greedy Williams btw.

167. Tommy Kraemer: G, Notre Dame

4 year starter on the OL at Notre Dame. 1st team all ACC. A decent find here. Good to have interior OL depth. I think a small school OL I've never heard of before could also be the pick here. But looking for OL depth late is never a bad thing.

gettyimages-1171224938-e1572278960339.jp

I like Paye but whats the idea with him?

Because, he's all run stuffer with projection so unless you're going to give up on Ferrell already then for me its a bit of a waste, as I currently have Crosby the guy waiting for snaps when the game starts, let alone adding another 1st round pick.   Would take an edge but maybe a little later in the draft where you can have less pressure to play them straight away and you can develop them while giving Ferrell the chance to perform under a real DC.

Would Love Grant but, could see us needing to trade up for him.  Dallas would love him too.

Spencer Brown doesn't answer who plays this year at RT and maybe not even 2nd year. The idea of him is so much better then the table. Would we be okay with playing Parker at RT while Brown gets up to speed?   Then it's only two years of rookie contract left let's not forget.

Type of LB I'd want if you aren't going JOK.  Good value for upside, can play some SAM and long term develop to save money on Kwiatkowski and Littleton, maybe even let Morrow walk next year. 

We do lack size at WR but can't see where he fits into the 53.  Carr and Gruden really like Zay Jones and Snead is sneaky good and reliable. But wouldn't be upset about it, probably even excited.

Wouldn't want another old DB, who's mainly an outside guy.  Rather have a dig for a nickle or younger guy. 

24 minutes ago, OnlyGlove said:

Because, he's all run stuffer with projection so unless you're going to give up on Ferrell already then for me its a bit of a waste, as I currently have Crosby the guy waiting for snaps when the game starts, let alone adding another 1st round pick.   Would take an edge but maybe a little later in the draft where you can have less pressure to play them straight away and you can develop them while giving Ferrell the chance to perform under a real DC.

Would Love Grant but, could see us needing to trade up for him.  Dallas would love him too.

Spencer Brown doesn't answer who plays this year at RT and maybe not even 2nd year. The idea of him is so much better then the table. Would we be okay with playing Parker at RT while Brown gets up to speed?   Then it's only two years of rookie contract left let's not forget.

Type of LB I'd want if you aren't going JOK.  Good value for upside, can play some SAM and long term develop to save money on Kwiatkowski and Littleton, maybe even let Morrow walk next year. 

We do lack size at WR but can't see where he fits into the 53.  Carr and Gruden really like Zay Jones and Snead is sneaky good and reliable. But wouldn't be upset about it, probably even excited.

Wouldn't want another old DB, who's mainly an outside guy.  Rather have a dig for a nickle or younger guy. 

Fair criticism. I think ideally I'd use a 3rd to move up in the 2nd for a better OT.

I think Paye can be a double digit sack guy and I've seen him rush from all over the field. The Chargers stood up Melvin Ingram with Bradley and they could use him all over the place in a deep rotation. 

15 hours ago, OnlyGlove said:

The draft is all about projection, not collegiate production. And Paye has the tools to be a monster pass rusher. 

Why couldn't Brown potentially start as a rookie?

call me a Grant hater, I don't like him before round 3.  of course his film looks good as a 24 year old, playing against a bunch of teenagers lol. Conference is weak too, I'll take Holland, Molden,  and Jemar over him, and it's not even close. Grant prolly be a middle of the road starter, I want more ceiling in the first 2 rounds. I prefer Phillips over Paye but wouldn't be mad at the pick. Pass rush is a good investment, like the rest of the draft

29 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

call me a Grant hater, I don't like him before round 3.  of course his film looks good as a 24 year old, playing against a bunch of teenagers lol. Conference is weak too, I'll take Holland, Molden,  and Jemar over him, and it's not even close. Grant prolly be a middle of the road starter, I want more ceiling in the first 2 rounds. I prefer Phillips over Paye but wouldn't be mad at the pick. Pass rush is a good investment, like the rest of the draft

Extremely strongly disagree. His intellect is his biggest attribute. You can't teach that. Plus shown me a weakness in his game besides man coverage on WR's.

17 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Extremely strongly disagree. His intellect is his biggest attribute. You can't teach that. Plus shown me a weakness in his game besides man coverage on WR's.

he'll be almost 30 by the time his rookie contract is done. lol. Tired of drafting guys in their mid 20s who peaked in college 

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

The draft is all about projection, not collegiate production. And Paye has the tools to be a monster pass rusher. 

Why couldn't Brown potentially start as a rookie?

Could say the same to many DEs, you can project a player but you want to see them so something in college too.  If you came out and said Paye basically ends up a stud run defender and 6-8 a year sack guy you'd probably be happy with what. But is that worth the pick when we already have 3 starers?

Browns technique is horrible and doesn't play close to NFL standard. He's coming in with a high ceiling but the floor is lower then Parker.  

34 minutes ago, OnlyGlove said:

Could say the same to many DEs, you can project a player but you want to see them so something in college too.  If you came out and said Paye basically ends up a stud run defender and 6-8 a year sack guy you'd probably be happy with what. But is that worth the pick when we already have 3 starers?

Browns technique is horrible and doesn't play close to NFL standard. He's coming in with a high ceiling but the floor is lower then Parker.  

I actually agree with you about Brown. He’s getting overrated by many OT needy fans of many teams who want an OT later. I would not be shocked at all if Brown is available at our 4th Round Pick, and I’m not even sure I’d select him there. 

Edited by BayRaider