Washington OTC at #51, you make the call. (#19, JOK)

MikeT14

Pick at #51  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who are we taking at #51?

• Kyle Trask, QB, Florida
    • Davis Mills, QB, Stanford
    • Kellen Mond, QB, Texas A&M
    • Javonte Williams, RB, North Carolina
    • Spencer Brown, OT, Northern Iowa
    • Jabril Cox, LB, LSU
    • Richie Grant, S, UCF
    • Andre Cisco, S, Syracuse
    • Terrace Marshall Jr., WR, LSU
    • Brevin Jordan, TE, Miami
    • Wyatt Davis, G, Ohio State
    • Dyami Brown, WR, North Carolina
    • Kelvin Jospeh, CB, Kentucky
    • Jackson Carman, OT, Clemson

I went Marshall think he a late 1st WR prospect and has the tools to be a great compliment to Terry and Samuel

Wyatt a good pick but I'm over confident that Charles will be a goo LG if not feel like Wes S is good enough

Love Jabril Cox but think we have to many need to go back to back cover LBers

Richie Grant is my #2 Saftey but don't have him as high as Marshall or Wyatt overall(Also feel like there good safeties left in FA)

Think 2nd is too high for Brevin though it a big need and a big fall off after the top few TEs in the draft

QB wise with all 3 left I'd feel pretty good about atleast 1 making it to it in the 3rd and I don't love any of them enough to force it in the 2nd

8 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Thats the thing. There MAY be starters at other positions. But I look at those positions and see 20%-50% chances of being a productive starter. And with our LB core see Jabril has a 70% chance of panning out better than whats there. Im rolling with the percentage. We drafted 4 DLmen in the first over 4 years. If the LB core has a chance to be upgraded in 1 swipe. Lets do it and get it out the way. Theres cap room and a healthy Saahdiq Charles to address elsewhere for now.

I’m totally on board with doubling up at LB in this draft. But I still don’t know who plays MLB out of JOK, Jabril, and Holcomb. 

If anything, the potential of Jabril being on the board in the 2nd suggests to me that JOK might not be the best strategic pick in the 1st. If you could get a legit MLB prospect in Jamin Davis or a potential LT in Darrisaw (or just trade down for more picks) and then address WLB with perhaps a more traditional option like Jabril in the 2nd, maybe that’s the best way to maximize your value. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, e16bball said:

If anything, the potential of Jabril being on the board in the 2nd suggests to me that JOK might not be the best strategic pick in the 1st. If you could get a legit MLB prospect in Jamin Davis or a potential LT in Darrisaw (or just trade down for more picks) and then address WLB with perhaps a more traditional option like Jabril in the 2nd, maybe that’s the best way to maximize your value. 

True, but like you said it's potential. It also may not happen. But I like your thinking. 

30 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

True, but like you said it's potential. It also may not happen. But I like your thinking. 

I’ve really been toying around with the idea of a trade down from 19. If we liked all 3 LBs similarly, I’d think we might be able to move down as much 8-10 spots and still have a shot at landing at least one of them (most likely Zaven, although there are teams like BAL and PIT that I think would prefer him to the other two). 

If we moved down to, say, 26 or 27 with CLE/BAL— the Browns looking to secure Barmore, perhaps, tor the Ravens looking for a twitchy pass-rusher — I think we could get a pretty meaningful return. Could we pry loose both of Cleveland’s late 3rds? Or BAL’s late 2nd? In either case, we might have to chip in a later pick to help even things out, but I don’t think it’s too crazy an ask. 

If we got those two 3rds from CLE, for example, we would then have four 3rds and would hold a pretty dominant position on Day 2. I could easily envision a scenario where we could walk away with something like Jamin Davis (26), Jabril Cox (51), Pat Freiermuth (via trade up using two 3rds), Dyami Brown (3rd), and James Hudson (3rd). Or some other variation, obviously all dependent on how the board falls. But the point being, that sort of additional pick surplus would really put us in position to come away with a haul.