• Wyatt Hubert, DE, Kansas State
    • Dax Milne, WR, BYU
    • Miller Forristall, TE, Alabama
    • Artayvious Lynn, TE, TCU
    • Rico Bussey, WR, Hawaii
    • Ta'Quon Graham, DL, Texas
    • Camaron Cheeseman, LS, Michigan

1 minute ago, MikeT14 said:

Ha! I had him on the list with 4 more others but reduced it because I didn't want 16 people with a vote each. My bad. 

It’s all good, they’re all pretty interchangeable at this point 😂

If we could get the 2019 version of Josh Johnson, that guy was outstanding. I don’t know what happened in 2020 — maybe some nagging injuries or, more likely, maybe some lesser personnel around him — but he didn’t look nearly as good. He was an animal in 2019 though, I love his running style and attitude. You see some plays where they have him lead blocking for the QB on sweeps and he absolutely stones dudes.

5 minutes ago, e16bball said:

I went with Dax Milne and Elijah Mitchell.

Full disclosure I went with Hubert and the longsnapper. These two would be the best talent available on my board as well, but I'd rather risk trying to get them as UDFAs among the other loads of RBs and WRs. Getting the best LS available was key because... we don't have one at the moment (last I checked). I really like Herbert because I think, with some effort on his end, he's a high end rotational pass rusher for his career who just needs to put his head down and rush the QB. And we need one to help backup our studs. 

29 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Full disclosure I went with Hubert and the longsnapper. These two would be the best talent available on my board as well, but I'd rather risk trying to get them as UDFAs among the other loads of RBs and WRs. Getting the best LS available was key because... we don't have one at the moment (last I checked). I really like Herbert because I think, with some effort on his end, he's a high end rotational pass rusher for his career who just needs to put his head down and rush the QB. And we need one to help backup our studs. 

I went with the Kicker and Mitchell

I like Herbert as well but think the coaches like Smith Williams and Toohill enough they stayed on the active roster all last season that I doubt a 7th rounder.

I think we might take a edge in the 3rd or 4th,but also heard there a chance Kerrigan comes back as well

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ovfd55 said:

I went with the Kicker and Mitchell

I like Herbert as well but think the coaches like Smith Williams and Toohill enough they stayed on the active roster all last season that I doubt a 7th rounder.

I think we might take a edge in the 3rd or 4th,but also heard there a chance Kerrigan comes back as well

Good point, I keep forgetting about Toohill but I think Hubert could give him a run for his $ and whoever doesn’t make the team can go on the practice squad.

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

Well not the DT. We have Jon Allen, Payne, Ioannidis & Settle. Taking a DT in this draft seems useless to me

You're right. I do have a DT on there. Graham is a hybrid like Ioannidis so I wouldn't count him. 

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

I was going to go with Hubert along with Mitchell until I saw Milne on there. I don’t like the make-up of the bottom of our WR depth chart, and I think he’s a guy who is going to play 6 or 8 years in the league as a dependable reserve WR and ST contributor. 

I wouldn’t have any problem with it being Hubert though. I like those high-effort guys at the end of the rotation — if nothing else, they’re going to make the opposing OTs do their job. Just not much of an NFL athlete though. I do have some suspicion that Kerrigan (or another veteran) will be brought in post-draft, which makes me less pressed about getting an EDGE draftee, but Hubert would still be a quality guy to get into the building, to raise the intensity level a little. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

You're right. I do have a DT on there. Graham is a hybrid like Ioannidis so I wouldn't count him. 

• Austin Faoliu, DT, Oregon.  He’s on your list. That’s fine, he’s a good NT prospect but I’d rather us not draft a DT.

9 minutes ago, turtle28 said:
  • Austin Faoliu, DT, Oregon.  He’s on your list. That’s fine, he’s a good NT prospect but I’d rather us not draft a DT.

Yeah that’s who I was talking about. I was also clarifying about Graham since he’s listed as a DL. He’s a hybrid

• Like 1

23 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

I'm going to speed this up a bit. Pick two players from the list above for our 7th round picks. 

19th - Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, LB, Notre Dame

51st - Wyatt Davis, G, Ohio State

74th - Pete Werner, LB, Ohio State

82nd - Tommy Tremble, TE, Notre Dame

124th - Jamar Johnson, S, Indiana

163rd - Tay McGowan, CB, UCF

246th - Jose Borregales, K, Miami

258th - Camaron Cheeseman, LS, Michigan (tie breaker goes to my pick)

How do we feel about this draft? Grade? Seems like most of you aren't happy. 

16 minutes ago, TKellion said:

I would not be happy if LS and K were our 7th round picks,they can both be had as UDFA

You have to actually be able to get them though in UDFA. And if given a choice of signing with Washington or another team... I don't like our odds. LS could be different... not as many openings. So maybe.  But if I spend a 7th to find a LS I don't have to worry about for 13 years+... we'll you could talk me into it.

• Like 1

Have to say, would not be thrilled with this. 

No one could have predicted that we would trade for Flowers a couple days after the Davis pick. But the fact that we were able to acquire a potential starting OG for almost literally nothing does make the point that guys who can only play guard are not in particularly high demand. Especially ones that don’t move very well. 

I like Werner as a player, but I like the fit better if you have some flexibility to play him at OLB in case he can’t hack it at MLB. With JOK and Holcomb at the two OLB spots, it could be tough for him to get on the field unless he does immediately click at MLB. 

I don’t like the Tay Gowan pick at all, I think were probably numerous better CBs left on the board. 

And if we don’t pick either an OT or a RB or a WR in the entire draft, but do pick a K and a LS, my head may literally explode. Those guys aren’t even the consensus best in the draft at their positions, especially Borregales, so that would just be bad bordering on terrible.