Final Mock 2021

Madmike90

17 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Exactly why he might make a huge trade up for a top QB round 1 prospect.  That will surely buy both him & Nagy some more time even if the team go on to win 8 games or less with Dalton starting most of the year.

There's no guarantee Dalton wins them enough games to get to the POs and if that happens then Pace will wonder why he put all his eggs in the Dalton basket after getting fired 

It's not a solid gamble for Pace & Nagy to just roll with Dalton and hope that whatever picks they add in the draft will be enough to elevate the team from last season. 

I have no data to back this claim up but the probability that Dalton as the starting QB saving their jobs without any promising young QB talent waiting in the wings is probably less than 50% 

If we could get up for a top 5 guy at a sensible cost I would be all for it...but I just don't feel we can out gun the other teams who need a QB...if I am a team like Carolina at #8 I take the call from Chicago then turn right round to NE and say are you giving me the same round picks but 5 picks sooner? Even Washington can still offer more and that is before we get to the likes of Denver...a QB like Fields, Lance or Jones would be great...I just don't see it happening.

5 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Why would you keep a GM and HC so you can tread water and the fire them?

It makes no sense.

Dalton is better than some think...you give him weapons and Desai gets the defence back to normal and I don't think we would be treading water. 

I like the draft. 

I'm fine with not wasting a pick on QB. Outside of high upside guys like Fields and Lance I wouldn't want to move up anyway. Jones may fit Nagy's offense better than the others, but that doesn't inspire confidence in me. Nagy sucks as a playcaller and regression seems to be a near constant with him for the offensive players. Why give him another QB to ruin? 

Get decent players (and hopefully land an OT for once Pace), maybe that'll make the Bears relevant to the NFC North, but I don't see us competing in the playoffs with some surprise performances from a few key players. 

Just now, abstract_thought said:

Because your revenue is down due to COVID and you don’t want to spend any more money on a new front office and coaching staff?

That would be the one answer that would make sense, but then why not limit Pace's spending?

1 minute ago, abstract_thought said:

How do we know they haven’t? Pace didn’t commit a lot of future money in this year’s free agency.

He spent cash. If you are seriously trying to manage finances why let him spend 10 million on Dalton, tell him to roll with Foles.

Why not save 7 million in cash with Jimmy Graham?

2 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

He spent cash. If you are seriously trying to manage finances why let him spend 10 million on Dalton, tell him to roll with Foles.

Why not save 7 million in cash with Jimmy Graham?

You still have to fill out a roster. I guess he could have saved on some moves, but overall there were no significant long-term commitments. Which is what a business-minded owner would want from a lame-duck GM on the way out.

11 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

It's Andy Dalton.

It's called the Dalton line for a reason.

Who ever says "Dalton line" man? 😂

Again some of you guys are acting like this guy is terrible...you don't start in the NFL for as long as he did if you are useless...far to easy to be found out...again he is by a long distance the best QB we have had on this roster since Cutler and is arguably better.

29 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

That would be the one answer that would make sense, but then why not limit Pace's spending?

Think McCaskey was sold on retaining these two because of "unprecedented times" needing a steady hand and avoiding the uncertainty of a new coach and staff?  Bet it did.  

(off topic below)

The danger and reality of Covid is not lost on me, I take it seriously, but the amount of BS that's blossomed around it is insane.  If I have one more person tell me they can't deliver something ordered in October because of "unprecedented times" I'm going to lose it. Bravo to everyone who still found a way to get things done this last year. 

22 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Who ever says "Dalton line" man? 😂

Again some of you guys are acting like this guy is terrible...you don't start in the NFL for as long as he did if you are useless...far to easy to be found out...again he is by a long distance the best QB we have had on this roster since Cutler and is arguably better.

He’s statistically pretty similar to Mitch, in some ways worse.