• S Elijah Molden, Washington
    • S Jevon Holland
    • CB Kelvin Joseph, Kentucky
    • RB Michael Carter, UNC
    • EDGE Payton Turner, Illinois
    • EDGE Joe Tryon, Washington
    • OT Jalen Mayfield, Michigan

4 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I mean come on dude. If this is going to be you’re response then there’s really no point in being on the board. Wtf

Your comparison to Brian Urlacher, from Florio of all people, is size and that they played QB in high school. That's literally the quote. I lost interest in the "comparison" after that. 

1 minute ago, MikeT14 said:

Your comparison to Brian Urlacher, from Florio of all people, is size and that they played QB in high school. That's literally the quote. I lost interest in the "comparison" after that. 

Florio doesn’t make those evaluations on his own, he hears them from others. I clearly stated that and you know that as well. Someone told him that and then he wrote it in an article. 

You can feel however you want. The fact that someone told Florio that who most likely was in an NFL front office and that it could’ve been Rivera is intriguing to me given Rivera’s history with Urlacher.

I’m not saying it’s a for sure thing. I’ve never stated that. I’m just relaying the message I read and putting some pieces together as a possibility.

11 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Brian Urlacher was such an insane athlete he played free safety, linebacker, wide receiver and was even a kick returner in college.  Zaven Collins played linebacker.  Collins is a good player but comparing a guy who might not even get drafted in the first round to a HOFer is a pretty poor comparison imo. 

• Like 1

Urlacher played positions such as those mentioned above when he didn’t weigh anything close to the 260 pounds he played at in the NFL. 

Collins is now right around the weight that Urlacher played at in the NFL. Collins only ran .5 slower than Urlacher in the forty.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/saintswire.usatoday.com/2021/04/20/saints-zaven-collins-nfl-draft-prospects/amp/

“While Collins' long-speed is lacking with a 4.67 40-yard dash, his short quickness makes up for it: his 1.63 10-yard split at Tulsa's pro day was faster than what Demario Davis recorded coming out of Arkansas State.”

Again, some NFL front office person Made the comparison and told Florio that which he wrote in an article. 

Who’s the person in the NFL who is in an NFL front office/HC who has very close connections to Brian Urlacher? 

That’s Ron Rivera and if it was Rivera that said that to Florio I’d take his thoughts into account. That’s all I’m saying.

I totally agree that he can play SLB at a high level, I do think it’s an interesting discussion if he can play MLB.

It’s tied between Dillon Radunz and Richie Grant, and we need to move on. I’m giving the tiebreaker to Radunz because 9 people voted for an OTand only 6 people voted for a S, so I’m assuming Radunz would have been most likely to win a run-off vote between the two. 

2 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Brian Urlacher was such an insane athlete he played free safety, linebacker, wide receiver and was even a kick returner in college.  Zaven Collins played linebacker.  Collins is a good player but comparing a guy who might not even get drafted in the first round to a HOFer is a pretty poor comparison imo. 

I got the Uralcher comparison from Dan Orlovsky watching highlights of him and they mention Collins compare to Urlacher right before Collins makes a play

Edited by ovfd55
Spelling

1 minute ago, ovfd55 said:

I got the Uralcher comparison from Dan Orlfasky watching highlights of him and they mention Collins compare to Urlacher right before Collins makes a play

Ya I'm not going to listen to the guy that once ran backwards out of the endzone.