2021: 02.34 - Jets select WR Elijah Moore

Bianconero

41 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

No secret this kid is best in the slot. But do we really think he's beating out Crowder? I doubt it. I think he might challenge Mims for an outside spot actually.

Ideally we just run A LOT of 4 WR sets and have Crowder and Moore in the slots on either side with Mims and Davis on the outside. No TE and rely on the OL holding up.

He will not beat out Crowder but he is the future at slot as early as next year. He may see some time in the outside but it would be more of an experiment to see how well he can do there. Make no mistake, he was picked to be Crowders replacement. He will also see a lot of time in 4 wide sets, screens, and jet sweeps. Gotta get the ball in his hands.

I think Moore is actually a significant part of this offense way more than you guys are giving credit. It’s not even about beating out crowder. He’s going to be on the field. Jet motions, decoys, he’s already our best route runner. Jets didn’t draft him to sit him a year. He’s playing significant snaps 

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

No secret this kid is best in the slot. But do we really think he's beating out Crowder? I doubt it. I think he might challenge Mims for an outside spot actually.

Ideally we just run A LOT of 4 WR sets and have Crowder and Moore in the slots on either side with Mims and Davis on the outside. No TE and rely on the OL holding up.

Been thinking about this a lot lately.

Pros to keeping Crowder

• Most experienced WR (Jamison Crowder 6 years, Corey Davis 4 Years, Keelan Cole 4 years, Braxton Berrios 3 Years, Mims 1 Year.) 
  • Most productive WR (be-it under Gase)
  • Depth at a position we were hurting at
  • Potential compensatory value if held onto

Cons to keeping Crowder

• $10M in cuttable cap at a deep position
  • Takes reps from promising young players
  • Note likely to be re-signed

2 minutes ago, Sapo28 said:

Been thinking about this a lot lately.

Pros to keeping Crowder

• Most experienced WR (Jamison Crowder 6 years, Corey Davis 4 Years, Keelan Cole 4 years, Braxton Berrios 3 Years, Mims 1 Year.) 
  • Most productive WR (be-it under Gase)
  • Depth at a position we were hurting at
  • Potential compensatory value if held onto

Cons to keeping Crowder

• $10M in cuttable cap at a deep position
  • Takes reps from promising young players
  • Note likely to be re-signed

IMO you cant cut Crowder. He's great to have to mentor Moore for starters and is a great asset for this team. He'll be huge in helping Wilson and the young WRs learn. He's not a 35yr old that isn't good anymore. He's a great slot WR.

The key is still getting Moore touches. And this is on LaFleur. Run 4 WRs A LOT. I mean make that our main set. Moore > Herndon

The OL has to hold up for this to work for us is the thing. So it all has to come together.