NFL Snooze News: Volume Four, Por Favor

Heimdallr

11 hours ago, vike daddy said:

some people use words because they hear/read them in other places and they look grandiose. it doesn't mean they understand what they really convey.

Look at the links I posted. Wilson deceived the Jets from the very get go. Everything about him looks fraudulent. There is nothing grandiose about it and the point is pretty clear.

But don't go by what I say. Ask any Jets fan regarding Wilson's lack of accountability, deception or being fraudulent. 

The failure of the Jets is an organizational issue. Not the issue of one player, let alone a 23 yo QB who’s been thrown into one of the worst situations in the league. 

Zach Wilson’s leadership wasn’t fraudulent. The Jets commitment to developing a young QB was fraudulent. Just as it was with Sam Darnold. 

Wilson is an easy target because of where he was drafted and the position he plays. So he’ll be used as the scapegoat, despite the team failing to put him in the best spot to succeed. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

The failure of the Jets is an organizational issue. Not the issue of one player, let alone a 23 yo QB who’s been thrown into one of the worst situations in the league. 

Zach Wilson’s leadership wasn’t fraudulent. The Jets commitment to developing a young QB was fraudulent. Just as it was with Sam Darnold. 

Wilson is an easy target because of where he was drafted and the position he plays. So he’ll be used as the scapegoat, despite the team failing to put him in the best spot to succeed. 

I couldn't agree more with the bolded.

But the team did try to put talent around him, unlike Sam Darnold, and they did make changes with their offense that they felt would fit their QB.

Drafting Wilson, Moore, Hall, Vera-Tucker, Carter and then signing Tomlinson and Conklin etc.

Yes, the Jets are a mess, but they did at least attempt to do right by Wilson, its just that their QB has made no progress and doesn't appear interested in trying to turn things around, based on the reports we've got. He's just as much to blame as the organization is.

• Like 1

The Jets have been  complete organizational mess this entire century thus far.  Look at what they did to Geno Smith.  He gets out of there and miraculously becomes a competent starting QB.  They really haven't been halfway competent as an organization since the New York Sack Exchange. 

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

there's one report from unnamed sources citing accountability - the second link you posted. Add on that other guys (Moore included) were having issues with the organization and the way things were being run, and I think the root cause of the issues leans toward the staff and the organization not being serious moreso than expecting a 23 year old to be enough of a leader to fix a decades long organizational failure.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

its just that their QB has made no progress and doesn't appear interested in trying to turn things around, based on the reports we've got. He's just as much to blame as the organization is.

You can't actually believe the bolded. If he's not the leader that they thought they were getting it's 100% their fault for not recognizing it when they drafted him. What has Mike LaFleur done in his career that suggested he was going to be the guy to develop and elevate a young, raw, QB with big time tools? They didn't score a TD in the last 3 games last year.

C'mon man, take that next step when you are thinking about complex situations. It's rarely ever "if player x did y better this wouldn't be a problem". 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

You can't actually believe the bolded. If he's not the leader that they thought they were getting it's 100% their fault for not recognizing it when they drafted him. What has Mike LaFleur done in his career that suggested he was going to be the guy to develop and elevate a young, raw, QB with big time tools? They didn't score a TD in the last 3 games last year.

C'mon man, take that next step when you are thinking about complex situations. It's rarely ever "if player x did y better this wouldn't be a problem". 

I'm not defending the Jets though, and I don't think this situation is all that complex. I've acknowledged the organizations failure even though they attempted to get Wilson some help.

The Jets being a mess and Wilson being a mess can exist simultaneously. Wilson walked into a bad situation and made it worse. 

This situation is like having a pizza party because there won't be any merit raises this year. Sure, the manager did something (just like the Jets got Wilson some help), but a pizza party aint it.

(That's probably not the best analogy but its the first that came to mind)

1 minute ago, SemperFeist said:

But the Browns are the Browns and Haslem is gonna Haslem. 

If they do, I can't imagine Kevin would be unemployed for very long.  He is truly one of the most underappreciated HCs in the league.  He may not be elite, but he certainly knows what the hell he's doing...and you can't say that about a lot of others. 

• Like 1