NFL Snooze News: Volume Four, Por Favor

Heimdallr

11 hours ago, vike daddy said:

The Giants interviewed Vikings defensive backs coach Daronte Jones for their defensive coordinator job, Tom Pelissero of NFL Media reports.

The interview took place last week in Mobile, where Jones served as the National team’s defensive coordinator at the Senior Bowl.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/report-giants-interviewed-vikings-assistant-daronte-jones-for-dc-job

He won't get it, but it's good for him to have the interview. 

On 2/3/2024 at 12:17 PM, PrplChilPill said:

Just make it a punt from the 35.... For onside plays, make it fourth and ten.... But the xfl idea works too

I do like making the onside kick into a 4th and 15 play instead.  I think I read somewhere that the percentage of completing that is similar to what the old onside kick percentage was (before they started jacking around with that). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

Unless Kingsbury has completely changed his ways, for the sake of the prospect, hopefully Washington trades their pick. 

not out of the question they do the opposite and trade UP with Chicago and take Williams.....

but yes, i understand your sentiment expressed.

Edited by vike daddy

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

harbaugh.jpg

i can sort of remember Harbaugh being a qb with the Bears. he was sort of a mid level, serviceable player, but never reached great heights.

argued with Ditka too, but who didn't?

Ditka forbade him from calling audibles.

• Like 1

As the NFL has increasingly focused on the risks of injuries in recent years, there’s been some sentiment around the league that kickoffs should simply be eliminated. But Commissioner Goodell was adamant at his press conference today that the kickoff isn’t going away.

Goodell: “I thought this rule was necessary for the one year because we need to innovate. To find a way to keep the kickoff in the game. It’s an exciting play, it’s important for us, the same as punts, but when you see a higher injury rate for that play, you can’t ignore that.”

The XFL-style low-impact kickoff seems to be gaining momentum as a radical rules change that would keep the kickoff in place, allow for the excitement of returns, but reduce the high-speed collisions that cause the most serious injuries. Under the low-impact kickoff rule, 10 players on each team line up five yards apart, with no running stars, and the XFL found that kickoff returns increased while injuries decreased. 

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/roger-goodell-says-nfl-needs-to-find-a-way-to-keep-the-kickoff-in-the-game

The NFL’s first game in Brazil will be the second game of the 2024 season. NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell confirmed today that the league will play a regular-season game in Brazil on Friday, September 6, the day after the traditional Thursday night opener that will be hosted by either the Chiefs or 49ers.

The Eagles will be the home team for the game, which will be at Corinthians Arena, home to Brazilian soccer team SC Corinthians, in São Paulo, Brazil.

It’s the first NFL game in South America, and playing on a Friday night in Week One is also something the NFL is doing for the first time since 1970.

The NFL will also play three games in London and one in Munich in 2024.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/nfl-to-play-in-brazil-on-friday-night-of-kickoff-weekend