NFL Snooze News: Volume Four, Por Favor

Heimdallr

Well, despite the whole Hester talk (which I stick to my opinion, he's a HoFer, I just don't think it should have been before Tasker), the biggest kick to the nether region is Dwight Freeney getting in over Jared.

29 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Freeney over Allen is a joke. And just continues to show the Hall of Fame’s Super Bowl bias. 

And it's frequently at the Vikings' expense.  I can't name one Vikings' HoFer that hasn't had to wait a significant amount of time to get in the HoF because of the lack of a SB win.  It's pretty ridiculous.

It's especially egregious that Jared beats Freeney in practically every meaningful statistic despite playing in 4 less seasons. 

Edited by swede700

Just now, Captain Relax said:

Anybody else getting a little tired of the push to internationalize the NFL?

I'm not really.  I've been waiting for it.  I honestly wish they had stuck with the WLAF as a true minor league system.  I still have my Frankfurt Galaxy hat.  🤣

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I'm not really.  I've been waiting for it.  I honestly wish they had stuck with the WLAF as a true minor league system.  I still have my Frankfurt Galaxy hat.  🤣

If they have an international league great...but, the games between NFL teams is merely marketing efforts to countries much more interested in futbol rather than football.

18 minutes ago, Captain Relax said:

If they have an international league great...but, the games between NFL teams is merely marketing efforts to countries much more interested in futbol rather than football.

I don't have a huge problem with that.  MLB and NBA have been marketing that way for years...the NFL has to go above and beyond because it's not a sport that's played worldwide.

I'm just waiting for the equitable situation of every team playing an international game every year.  

Edited by swede700

2 hours ago, swede700 said:

I don't have a huge problem with that.  MLB and NBA have been marketing that way for years...the NFL has to go above and beyond because it's not a sport that's played worldwide.

I'm just waiting for the equitable situation of every team playing an international game every year.  

Season Ticket holders should get some kind of perk for losing a home game.

14 minutes ago, Captain Relax said:

Season Ticket holders should get some kind of perk for losing a home game.

Well, if they stick with 17 games and every team plays internationally, no one is really losing a home game. 

On 2/9/2024 at 7:39 PM, swede700 said:

You can still use it, since there is currently an effort to professionalize football in Europe again and Frankfurt Galaxy is part of it. 

The European League of Football (ELF) is going into its fourth season and it includes the Frankfurt Galaxy (who won the first title). To be honest, it lasted a lot longer than I expected and they continue to expand, although some teams have already withdrawn. 

The market for Football in Germany is relatively large and growing, However, for sustained success of the ELF, they'd need a) some kind of cooperation with the national leagues (which has happened now in Germany) in order to get young players, since there is no draft system and b) some kind of cooperation with the NFL, in order to raise the incentives for US players to play in that league.

Edited by GermanVike
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

what was it like when the Vikes drafted that German wide receiver? can't remember his name...

we all wanted him to work out well.

The legend Moritz Boehringer...it appears that he played in the ELF last year.  

Edited by swede700
  • Like 3