orlando magoc thread: franzchero era

FinneasGage

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Why are y'all so confident it's going to be Chet? I read that they're already printing Smith's Magic uniforms, which would provide a great chance for the Magic to trade Jonathan Isaac to the Jazz.

just cause i assume the worst. jabari makes way more sense. and i trust him to not suck more. 

Just now, FinneasGage said:

just cause i assume the worst. jabari makes way more sense. and i trust him to not suck more. 

I actually like Chet a lot more than Jabari but think either makes sense depending on what you plan to do with Mo Bamba. 

On 5/21/2022 at 9:38 AM, Humble_Beast said:

for some reason, I want the magic to be a force in the league. Maybe because of small market, logo, history

draft Chet and this is the depth chart 

Starters:

Center:  Carter- he's a very good starting center, who just turned 23. You guys stole him in that trade (6'11)

Power Forward: Chet- he starts day 1, and is franchise piece. While he is 7'0 I think he can slide in as a big forward. You need strength, defensive anchor and Chet would come in and focus on being the 1 option 

Small Forward: Wagner-you guys landed a steal and he looks to locked In starter for the rest of the decade. Wagner is big too at 6'10. He's a good starting who has a ceiling to be much more 

Shooting Guard: Suggs I think you just start Suggs develop him as the captain. He didn't light the world on fire, but he flashed as a rookie. Former high school teammates with Chet. 

Point Guard: Cole Anthony- the guy is an exciting player. Another steal who can do it all  

Bench 

Center: Wagner- Mortiz can be a stretch 5 or sign a vet 

PF- Okeke/Isaac- Issac is the big X factor. Can he come back? I really liked him before all his injuries. Okeke is there just in case 

SF- Terrence Ross- every team needs a vet. Ross is a good rotation player and can shoot 

SG- RJ Hampton/G Harris- I think Hampton can make that jump to be a solid rotation player. Harris is on his last legs 

PG- Fultz- He would be a 6th man, who could be a scoring machine. Maybe could put it together 

your team is looking really good 

Cole Anthony and Jalen Suggs are not good, lol.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Cole Anthony and Jalen Suggs are not good, lol.

not giving up on suggs yet. he's already among the super elite in terms of defense. wasn't complete dog **** being a primary ball handler towards the end of the season. he was improving. shot looks good even tho it's not falling. obviously he's still a complete mess. we'll see... 

cole i'm done with even tho he might be the best cheerleader in the league and it's gonna hurt my feelings when he's moved

Just now, FinneasGage said:

not giving up on suggs yet. he's already among the super elite in terms of defense. wasn't complete dog **** being a primary ball handler towards the end of the season. he was improving. shot looks good even tho it's not falling. obviously he's still a complete mess. we'll see... 

cole i'm done with even tho he might be the best cheerleader in the league and it's gonna hurt my feelings when he's moved

Jalen Suggs, as I said during the draft, best case becomes Lonzo Ball. Which is a solid player but nothing special, he needs to get way better as a shooter and a creator though. 

Cole is a lost cause though, chucker on a bad team. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Jalen Suggs, as I said during the draft, best case becomes Lonzo Ball. Which is a solid player but nothing special, he needs to get way better as a shooter and a creator though. 

Cole is a lost cause though, chucker on a bad team. 

jalen and lonzo aren't similar tho lol. but yeah that level of player... if he can just be as useful as a player as lonzo... i mean **** a lonzo that can stay healthy is a fantastic player. i'd be estatic if he's a solid starter because he started sooooooo bad lol. fultz looked so god damn good it's gonna be interesting to see how it plays out. 

1 minute ago, Humble_Beast said:

Suggs flashed. probably should bench Cole. he would be better in  a spark plug role, or cut him. trade Mo Bamba for a guard

Suggs was one of the least efficient players in the league as a scorer, 3P shooter, and a creator. Mo Bamba is a restricted free agent so they probably won't get much for him. And Cole Anthony is the definition of a volume scorer/player.

3 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

stats can't lie.. Play Suggs and develop him as a PG. so many people sucked their rookie year. you build on the flashes 

Suggs had the same issues at Gonzaga but was propped up by things such as "he's a winner" and "he has great intangibles." Guards that can't shoot and turn the ball over at a high rate have a hard time in the NBA. Though I compared Suggs to Lonzo Ball and still think that's a fair comparison. Though Zo was a better shooter and passer at the same stage. 

The Magic do have two complete wild cards though with Isaac and Fultz. 

11 hours ago, FinneasGage said:

jalen and lonzo aren't similar tho lol. but yeah that level of player... if he can just be as useful as a player as lonzo... i mean **** a lonzo that can stay healthy is a fantastic player. i'd be estatic if he's a solid starter because he started sooooooo bad lol. fultz looked so god damn good it's gonna be interesting to see how it plays out. 

Yeah Lonzo is a better overall player cause he can kind of shoot, distributes, and is big/rebounds. 

I still think Suggs can be a plus role player. I'm also still a Fultz truther, think he can still be a good player. Best case for you guys is what? Probably draft Jabari Smith #1 overall?

PG - Suggs | Anthony

SG - Fultz | Hampton

SF - Wagner | Isaac

PF - Smith | Okeke 

C - Carter | Bamba