orlando magoc thread: franzchero era

FinneasGage

1 minute ago, dtait93 said:

Can't say I agree. The Biz contract was/is awful, the Oladipo trade has turned out to be bad (went from Oladipo to Ross lol),  Payton is average, Mario was a bad pick as you pointed out, we got scraps for Tobias; actually less than scraps as Jennings and Ilyasova don't even play here anymore (for the better honestly), we couldn't even attract Paul Millsap in free agency or any decent free agents for that matter. There's other stuff I'm forgetting but he was plain awful imo.

His only positives to me were drafting Aaron Gordon and Oladipo, but he traded him away and he's balling in Indy.

every negative you pointed out pretty much only happened after Skiles/Martins started forcing Henny into moves. 

Before that.

~ won the dwight trade
~ got tobias for redick who we weren't going to resign
~ got fournier for afflalo who they weren't going to resign
~ drafted AG when everyone wanted Exum
~ drafted Oladipo who's the best player of that early group of players that were in realistic contention for the pick. 
~ drafted O'Quinn late and found Dedmon, E'Twaun Moore on the street
~ elfrid ended up being average... that's probably his worst move 

SKILES HIRED & starts forcing managements hand before bailing

~ everything goes down

I think he gets another chance and does well. 

10 hours ago, jfinley88 said:

every negative you pointed out pretty much only happened after Skiles/Martins started forcing Henny into moves. 

Before that.

~ won the dwight trade
~ got tobias for redick who we weren't going to resign
~ got fournier for afflalo who they weren't going to resign
~ drafted AG when everyone wanted Exum
~ drafted Oladipo who's the best player of that early group of players that were in realistic contention for the pick. 
~ drafted O'Quinn late and found Dedmon, E'Twaun Moore on the street
~ elfrid ended up being average... that's probably his worst move 

SKILES HIRED & starts forcing managements hand before bailing

~ everything goes down

I think he gets another chance and does well. 

Skiles had some influence yes, but ownership clearly sided with Hennigan which is evident by Skiles' resignation, so at the end of the day those all fall on Hennigan. He never did anything in free agency the 5 years he was here, and he hired Jacjue Vaughn to be the head coach for 3 years, which if you ask me, put the team back even further. We needed someone with experience to lead such a young group, I don't think he could have made a worse hire than Vaughn, it was an absolutely horrendous move. Hennigan is better off as a scout/talent evaluator than a GM and even that is questionable with the Hezonja and Payton picks, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt after drafting AG and Oladipo, and finding Vuc and Fournier in the trades...but even with those players it was never/is never enough to produce a good basketball team.

• 2 weeks later...

I get that you guys have had your fair share of injuries this season, and that sucks. However, more than the injuries is the inconsistency on this team. Aaron Gordon early on looked like he had taken that next step and was about to become a super star in this league, but then he came crashing back to earth. And the rest of the roster, it looks like they're just going through the motions from game to game and no one really wants or cares to be the leader of this team. Just so, so disappointing.

As a Pistons fan. I kind of wish I was in your "Current" situation more than ours. At least you've got a dynamic draft to have a chance. If you're anything like the Pistons you'll completely blow it, but like I said at least you've got a shot! I really like Trea Young from Oklahoma.

I think you should prolly fire your current upper management, let someone else take over and make moves to get as many assets you can for this offseason and draft. Especailly for the expiring contracts. Maybe the guys can get cute and pair a contract in a trade.

Few guys out there that could run a team well...  David Griffin, Joe Dumars, Sam Hinkie, Chauncey Billups, Mike Zarren(BOS AGM).

Bottom line though you're drafting has been terrible, you can't attract FA's with a core of no one. Magic need a shake up, sale, or relocation lol.

20 hours ago, SimbaWho said:

As a Pistons fan. I kind of wish I was in your "Current" situation more than ours. At least you've got a dynamic draft to have a chance. If you're anything like the Pistons you'll completely blow it, but like I said at least you've got a shot! I really like Trea Young from Oklahoma.

I think you should prolly fire your current upper management, let someone else take over and make moves to get as many assets you can for this offseason and draft. Especailly for the expiring contracts. Maybe the guys can get cute and pair a contract in a trade.

Few guys out there that could run a team well...  David Griffin, Joe Dumars, Sam Hinkie, Chauncey Billups, Mike Zarren(BOS AGM).

Bottom line though you're drafting has been terrible, you can't attract FA's with a core of no one. Magic need a shake up, sale, or relocation lol.

I mean yeah once you get a legit piece things get easier for sure.. Eventually it'll happen lol. ****.. you can pick top 5 so many times before you get a good player. It'll happen I think.

They actually just switched upper management. Used to be a nice guy named Rob Hennigan.. Last summer they hired Jeff Weltman (assistant gm from TOR) & John Hammond (MIL GM) to run the team. They won't be moving on from them for a while. 

I don't even care what they do w/ this team. Disband it for all I care so I can pick a new team.