> 2022 Draft Prospect Thread <

Danger

19 hours ago, Jeezla said:

what's the word on those 2?

Wydermyer has been dealing with some atrocious quarterback play so far this season but he fits the mold of the modern day TE - big, good athlete, good pass catcher - needs some work as a blocker but nothing crazy. He's probably going to explode at the combine and boost his stock a ton. 

37 minutes ago, ianlewis16 said:

Saw us being mocked the Iowa C on a couple of sites. Would love that, dude is a MAN

He's one of the players I'm getting a vibe from that we'll look at him in 3 years and think "Man, that was one of those obvious studs that everyone knew was going to be good, but everyone kinda just ignored it."

1 hour ago, Danger said:
1 hour ago, ianlewis16 said:

Saw us being mocked the Iowa C on a couple of sites. Would love that, dude is a MAN

He's one of the players I'm getting a vibe from that we'll look at him in 3 years and think "Man, that was one of those obvious studs that everyone knew was going to be good, but everyone kinda just ignored it."

Dickerson isn't exactly killing it at OG. I think he should be the C next year.

8 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Dickerson isn't exactly killing it at OG. I think he should be the C next year.

If we were looking specifically for a Center, we were fools not to take Creed Humphrey over Landon Dickerson in the 2nd. He's killing it, and I knew he would.

I think they took Landon because of his supposed versatility position wise because they weren't sure who was gonna go first between Kelce/Brooks.

26 minutes ago, Danger said:

If we were looking specifically for a Center, we were fools not to take Creed Humphrey over Landon Dickerson in the 2nd. He's killing it, and I knew he would.

I think they took Landon because of his supposed versatility position wise because they weren't sure who was gonna go first between Kelce/Brooks.

I was pro-Humphrey.

Linderbaum is basically Creed w/more power

Edited by Jeezla

This is basically Danger's TDN mock, but with Aiden. Also don't see Carson Strong making it to the 3rd.

1 Aiden Hutchinson DE
1 Booth or Elam CB
1 Devin Lloyd LB (or Christian Harris? I prefer Lloyd tho)
2 Jaquan Brisker S (probably have to take him late 1st, especially after he runs 4.3 at the combine)
3 Phil Jurkovec QB
4 RB? WR? OL?

Go after Godwin in FA or DJ Chark as a Plan B if we can't land Godwin.

I'm assuming Hamilton goes 1 pick before w/e our first pick is (so he'll probably be a Giant as karma for us stealing DeVonta)

Edited by Jeezla

49 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

This is basically Danger's TDN mock, but with Aiden. Also don't see Carson Strong making it to the 3rd.

1 Aiden Hutchinson DE
1 Booth or Elam CB
2 Jaquan Brisker S (probably have to take him late 1st, especially after he runs 4.3 at the combine)
3 Phil Jurkovec QB
4 RB? WR? OL?

I'm assuming Hamilton goes 1 pick before w/e our first pick is (so he'll probably be a Giant as karma for us stealing DeVonta)

I like Aidan Hutchinson the most actually. I often forget about him cus TDN doesn't list him high on their board for whatever.

Hutchinson
Booth/Stingley
Hamilton

Would be the ideal world.

59 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

1 Aiden Hutchinson DE
1 Booth or Elam CB
3 Phil Jurkovec QB
4 RB? WR? OL?

Hard to imagine not taking an offensive lineman if we hang on to the all three FRPs. 

1 hour ago, Danger said:

I like Aidan Hutchinson the most actually. I often forget about him cus TDN doesn't list him high on their board for whatever.

Hutchinson
Booth/Stingley
Hamilton

Would be the ideal world.

Funny you say that cause they released this article yesterday.

Instead of a fringe first-round prospect who could solidify himself as a top-32 selection in April, Hutchinson now appears to have skipped the majority of the line. He’ll be checking in at No. 5 overall on The Draft Network’s updated TDN100 rankings early next week and the No. 2 pass-rush prospect in the country behind Oregon’s Kayvon Thibodeaux. And for my personal money, I wouldn’t dismiss the idea that Hutchinson may finish this process as a more highly rated prospect than Thibodeaux, either. Hutchinson is currently more developed and refined as a pass rusher and he’s more of a traditional build for playing with his hand in the dirt. Thibodeaux has more exciting splashes, but I do believe Hutchinson has a higher floor and a comparatively similar ceiling as a player. 

While the TDN100 is a compilation of the opinions of everyone on the TDN scouting staff, we all also have our own sets of rankings. Thibodeaux checks in at this point in time as the No. 2 prospect on my personal board. Hutchinson is No. 3, up from the No. 30 overall ranking he carried into the season amid our summer scouting efforts. 

QGr10kI.png

Now, on their draft simulator he's not even usually on the board where they have us picking (7th/8th overall).

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

• Kiltman changed the title to > 2022 Draft Prospect Thread <