> 2022 Draft Prospect Thread <

Danger

FK8wCnX.png

Brisker has that "it" factor for a safety. He's a natural born leader and is always around the ball. Relatively average athletically for the position at the next level, but he just screams someone who'll contribute for years to me.

I'm fine with taking Carson Strong in the 3rd round. A-OK.

3 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

If Jalen Hurts was picked 21 picks earlier and playing the exact same way, no one would be talking about drafting a QB next year 🤷‍♀️

I definitely would be. Hurts was a big reach at the time. His arm leaves a lot to be desired.

Just now, EaglesPeteC said:

Just so you can draft another QB in the 3rd and give up on him after 8 games when he’s not playing perfect. Sounds fun 

Not sure why you're so defensive about Hurts. I'm calling what I see from him in game. I'm not about to reach on a QB in the first, but if there's a decent guy there in the 3rd it's certainly something to consider. 

1 minute ago, Danger said:

Not sure why you're so defensive about Hurts. I'm calling what I see from him in game. I'm not about to reach on a QB in the first, but if there's a decent guy there in the 3rd it's certainly something to consider. 

I just think it’s silly to be clamoring for other QB’s without giving the dude at least a full season to see what happens. 

3 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I just think it’s silly to be clamoring for other QB’s without giving the dude at least a full season to see what happens. 

Thing is with him, it's not really things I feel can really be improved on for the most part, he lacks the physical tools to make all the throws. I just don't really see a way for him to ever become much more than what he is now. He plays the game intelligently, but is limited based on his ability to sling it. Do I think Hurts will be a serviceable QB in this league? Yeah sure, but I don't think he'll ever be THE guy for a good team. Best case scenario I can see with him is a somewhat better Tyrod Taylor. I'm ok with giving him this year AND even next year. Because there's no clear answer at QB outside of him.

• Like 1

Idk I think Hurts could get better and he has minimum one season to do it, likely even two seeing the next QB class... but I just don't see him being anything better than QB purgatory at this point. I would welcome anyone to challenge me on this, but the reality is he was overdrafted compared to his talent level and he has shown why on the field. He is a fantastic leader and I get why people like him, but his arm strength is average at best, his accuracy is not very good, and his best asset is his ability to run the ball. 

Ya, maybe he becomes a solid starting NFL QB, but I personally think it is extremely unlikely. Best case scenario is he becomes a top 12ish guy and he would need to improve in a lot of areas to do that.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I think here it makes sense for some multi layered thinking. Like we all can want to give Hurts time and be intrigued / ok with what we see. But we should discuss the worst case and what are options are if he’s just not the guy.

What sucks is the college QBs are driving up the price on the available vets so if Howie did try to get one of them we’ll have to overpay more if they were making that play.

Any good TE's to replace Goedert after he leaves this year or after playing on the tag one more year?
Just a hunch, but I'm guessing we already screwed the pooch with his agent.
Do we trade him at the deadline?

Edited by Jeezla

18 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Any good TE's to replace Goedert after he leaves this year or after playing on the tag one more year?
Just a hunch, but I'm guessing we already screwed the pooch with his agent.
Do we trade him at the deadline?

Outside of Wydermyer and Kollar it's not a great group - I do like the two TEs from Bama in Billinglsey and Latu. I think Latu is going to a fine tight end that lands in the mid rounds.

• Kiltman changed the title to > 2022 Draft Prospect Thread <