2022 DRAFT THREAD - QB’s Wanted

5 hours ago, turtle28 said:

We can’t have everything we want. Yes, we could use upgraded depth at OL I guess but we have more pressing needs at ILB, WR, at TE considering Logan’s knee injury he suffered in December and FS especially if we don’t re-sign McCain or sign an upgrade in FA like I hope we do. 

If we draft a G or T early then we’re drafting a back up to Wes S & Cosmi who may not even be the top back up at their position seeing as we still have Saahdiq Charles as a back up G/T and we may/should re-sign Cornelius Lucas.

I don't disagree. Nothing in my post suggested that I wanted to use a 2nd on an OL. With our 3rd gone this year, we can't afford an OL in 1st or 2nd

• Like 1

On 3/13/2022 at 5:13 PM, lavar703 said:

It seems some of the local beat reporters aren’t expecting us to be big players in free agency now lol. In one fell swoop they basically wiped out any chance we had at improving a bunch of positions on this team. Remarkable. 

We have this little thing called the draft remaining.  

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

My lord Troy Anderson is a beast. 

https://406mtsports.com/college/big-sky-conference/montana-state-university/montana-states-troy-andersen-shows-off-elite-speed-at-nfl-combine/article_3a786671-8e79-5937-baaa-5a6c5656a2fd.html

Andersen has been considered a top-100 draft prospect by some analysts since November. That was before he led MSU to the Football Championship Subdivision title game and before he participated in the Senior Bowl, where he recorded the third-fastest max acceleration of any defender. His draft stock has only increased since, especially after his strong showing at the premiere college football all-star game.

“All the speed data is really going to help him,” Senior Bowl executive director Jim Nagy told 406mtsports.com last month. “You saw a fast guy on tape, you saw a guy that can close, but now having that data, which is more important than a 40-yard dash in shorts and a T-shirt… The fact that this guy can carry his pads and play at that speed is really going to help him.”

Andersen has all but solidified his spot as a top-100 overall prospect. The 6-foot-3, 243-pound Dillon native is No. 82 on the draft rankings from ESPN’s Todd McShay, No. 76 on the top-100 list from The Athletic’s Dane Brugler and No. 64 on Pro Football Focus’ Big Board. Brugler considers Andersen the 10th-best linebacker in this draft class, and ESPN’s Mel Kiper Jr. has him at No. 6 on his inside linebacker list.

Brugler, Jeremiah, Kiper, McShay and Nagy expect Andersen to be selected on the draft’s second day, which is when the second and third rounds will take place.

If we had a 3rd, that's where I wanted to grab him

Just now, aceinthehouse said:

What Rd is  Troy Anderson expected to go in?

Somewhere on Day 2 (2nd or 3rd). I really want this guy on our team. He's a great LB and his ceiling is pretty high IMHO (maybe not for the FBS focused guys). And he can be an emergency QB as well as play some RB. He did well in both of those other positions (set rushing records as a RB and at QB and was All American at QB) at MSU

35 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Somewhere on Day 2 (2nd or 3rd). I really want this guy on our team. He's a great LB and his ceiling is pretty high IMHO (maybe not for the FBS focused guys). And he can be an emergency QB as well as play some RB. He did well in both of those other positions (set rushing records as a RB and at QB and was All American at QB) at MSU

So is he like a Shaq Thompson type?

1 hour ago, Thaiphoon said:

What u watching that has drawn your attention?

Watching his highlights on YouTube after I heard about him a ton during the combine. He’s everywhere. He’s the type of guy that everyone is shocked when he gets picked in the first round. Incredible speed and closing ability. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I do like Cosmi a lot and I think Brown will contribute much more this year. I’m not sure about the rest of the group though…

I think they forced Davis out of position, he needs to play outside.  And St Juste showed promise before he got hurt.  Brown has upside too, especially with a QB with a stronger arm.

• Like 2