2022 DRAFT THREAD - QB’s Wanted

35 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

He also has the ability to run which will speed up his development. Also, his ability to throw accurately deep is just going to thrive with Terry. I’d love to have him just don’t think he’ll be there when we pick. 

I’d love to have him too, I just hope he can slide if we pick him. He’s gotta get smart about protecting himself like Heinicke has this year and unlike what RG3 did.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

He also has the ability to run which will speed up his development. Also, his ability to throw accurately deep is just going to thrive with Terry. I’d love to have him just don’t think he’ll be there when we pick. 

I think if we’re in the top 10 there’s no way he makes it past us. I will be honest he’s the one this year that actually impressed me the most. His system scares me but for his traits this offense is IMO the best fit for him unless he went to Philly. But idk where Philly goes. I think they are more likely to go for Pickett but it’s just too early to tell. All I know is I just want whoever they take to be the one that makes the guys around him click. This team needs a player that is consistent and who thrives in the biggest moments and elevates the team around him. In this class I believe that’s Corral

1 hour ago, ripsean21 said:

I think if we’re in the top 10 there’s no way he makes it past us. I will be honest he’s the one this year that actually impressed me the most. His system scares me but for his traits this offense is IMO the best fit for him unless he went to Philly. But idk where Philly goes. I think they are more likely to go for Pickett but it’s just too early to tell. All I know is I just want whoever they take to be the one that makes the guys around him click. This team needs a player that is consistent and who thrives in the biggest moments and elevates the team around him. In this class I believe that’s Corral

See I think the Eagles will take Corral bc he fits their system and how they are using Hurts the best. They can have Corral & Hurts who are similar for their offensive system, it’s just Hurts is the better runner while Corral is by far the better passer of the two.

I think Pickett will be available for us when we pick if we’re picking around 10 or if we trade up to go get him.

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

See I think the Eagles will take Corral bc he fits their system and how they are using Hurts the best. They can have Corral & Hurts who are similar for their offensive system, it’s just Hurts is the better runner while Corral is by far the better passer of the two.

I think Pickett will be available for us when we pick if we’re picking around 10 or if we trade up to go get him.

Unless they trade up how are they getting him? Aren’t all of their picks out of the top 10 now? 

15 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I think he personally fits better too but those in state players tend to attract teams. Pickett is a solid prospect. He shows every snap he has the game to play in a pro style and use his legs more then people think. I agree Corral fits what Philly is currently doing as well. But I’d that what they want to run or are they running it because it allowed them to develop and scout where he is to get the info they need for where they are going with their load of selections in the top few frames.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Unless they trade up how are they getting him? Aren’t all of their picks out of the top 10 now? 

I just looked and you’re right. I do think the Eagles will trade up for a QB. I also think that the Texans will take a QB. Plus, the Giants have the 5th & 6th pick right now and I think could take a QB, but maybe not bc they’ll want to give Daniel Jones his entire rookie contract before moving on.

So, there’s a good possibility that both Corral & Pickett are gone when we pick and like you’ve said for a while we’ll take San Howell - or hopefully he’s still there for us. 🙏 

Edited by turtle28

On 12/23/2021 at 7:38 PM, ARTMONK HOF said:

I’ve read about how so many people are in love with K Hamilton S/ND and he would be a top 10 pick maybe top 5-7. 
I’ve been watching some film/videos on Daxon Hill, guy is a player. Mocks I’ve seen going in the later part of the 1st rd. 
Don’t know if we’ll be going in that direction but he definitely someone to keep in mind. 

Between Dean, Lloyd, McCreary and for me now Hill not sure who I’d choose at this point in rd 1. 

My question with Hamilton is, isn’t he awfully similar to Kam Curl? We keep wanting this deep safety who can play centerfield — but I just don’t know that that’s him. And maybe two Kam Curls is exactly what they’re looking for, I’m not sure, but to me Hamilton is not that Earl Thomas type of deep player that we’ve been clamoring for over the years. 

Awesome, but as he ages, will his best spot on the defensive alignment move closer and closer to the LOS? He’s just so damn big, most of the guys we’ve ever seen with that body type end up moving into the box as they get older. 

2 hours ago, e16bball said:

My question with Hamilton is, isn’t he awfully similar to Kam Curl? We keep wanting this deep safety who can play centerfield — but I just don’t know that that’s him. And maybe two Kam Curls is exactly what they’re looking for, I’m not sure, but to me Hamilton is not that Earl Thomas type of deep player that we’ve been clamoring for over the years. 

Awesome, but as he ages, will his best spot on the defensive alignment move closer and closer to the LOS? He’s just so damn big, most of the guys we’ve ever seen with that body type end up moving into the box as they get older. 

I don’t think Hamilton is exactly a Ed Reed or Earl Thomas type FS but I do think Hamilton has the range to be a good, maybe even great FS. He has the range to play FS for sure. 

I guess when you say when he gets older… like 30’s?? I can live with that. Hamilton is only going to be 21 next year. He can play FS for 8, 9 or 10 years & then finish his career at SS like Malcom Jenkins and other great safeties have done when they get in their 30s, I can live with that if it has to be that way.

Edited by turtle28

2 hours ago, e16bball said:

Is Hamilton like a different Kam. Kam Chancellor as far as size and position?

Looking at the remaining NFL game schedules I don’t think we win another game (including losing to the giants) Seattle and Chicago will probably each win 1 of their remaining two by the looks of their schedules. I think we finish with the 7th overall pick. (I believe SOS is the tie breaker regarding teams with the same record and we have the 3rd hardest)

only teams I see infront that would possibly take a QB is Houston, Carolina, and NY

i think there is a pretty good shot we get Corral, especially if QBs are gonna be moving around this offseason (Watson, Rodgers, Wilson etc.)

I think Pickett is first off the board followed by Corral and Howell.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I just looked and you’re right. I do think the Eagles will trade up for a QB. I also think that the Texans will take a QB. Plus, the Giants have the 5th & 6th pick right now and I think could take a QB, but maybe not bc they’ll want to give Daniel Jones his entire rookie contract before moving on.

So, there’s a good possibility that both Corral & Pickett are gone when we pick and like you’ve said for a while we’ll take San Howell - or hopefully he’s still there for us. 🙏 

I’m not so sure Philly takes a QB, Hurts isn’t the best but he has them in the playoffs currently and they have a ton of picks to build around him....... or trade for Watson, I think the Giants ride out Jones last year. The Texans are interesting. I’m not sure they take a QB either, depends on what they think of Mills, they have nothing on their roster outside of cooks and just beat the Chargers....... I think it comes down to what happens with Watson, Wilson, and Rodgers. 

3 hours ago, LoganF89 said:

Looking at the remaining NFL game schedules I don’t think we win another game (including losing to the giants) Seattle and Chicago will probably each win 1 of their remaining two by the looks of their schedules. I think we finish with the 7th overall pick. (I believe SOS is the tie breaker regarding teams with the same record and we have the 3rd hardest)

only teams I see infront that would possibly take a QB is Houston, Carolina, and NY

i think there is a pretty good shot we get Corral, especially if QBs are gonna be moving around this offseason (Watson, Rodgers, Wilson etc.)

I think Pickett is first off the board followed by Corral and Howell.

I think we’ll beat the Giants in a meaningless week 18 game that will hurt our draft stock. I think the Eagles will trade up for Corral, they have 3 first rnd picks. We have to worry about the Panthers taking a QB. If they the Texans take Picket or Corral, and Philly takes the other one then we have to worry about the Panthers taking Howell. We might have to trade up to get infront of the Panthers if possible if we want Howell or, we could take another position and take a QB in round 2.

7 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I think we’ll beat the Giants in a meaningless week 18 game that will hurt our draft stock. I think the Eagles will trade up for Corral, they have 3 first rnd picks. We have to worry about the Panthers taking a QB. If they the Texans take Picket or Corral, and Philly takes the other one then we have to worry about the Panthers taking Howell. We might have to trade up to get infront of the Panthers if possible if we want Howell or, we could take another position and take a QB in round 2.

I just don’t see philly trading up for a QB if it’s not deshaun Watson, I think those picks would be better utilized to build their team. As far as Houston is concerned I’m not sure they take a QB, I think they like Mills, their roster is super thin and they need talent before they need a QB.

Carolina is the team that I think will pick the 1st QB, NY Giants are a possibility too but idk if they go that route this year.

if we trade up I hope it’s just our 1st and maybe Daron Payne if we go QB in the draft. 

we are really gonna need to upgrade the Oline too

The pick has to be a QB. Whether they trade up for Corral or Pickett or stay out and take Howell or Ridder. They have to get someone with actual talent who can develop. Putting this off another season would just be stupid and the price for Watson is going to be astronomical. Rodgers and Wilson aren’t coming here and you cannot roll into next season with Mariota, Trubisky, Heinecke, Fitz etc. Go get your guy! 

• Like 2