2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

Just now, Trojan said:

He grow up right next to North Carolina, is the state's all time passing leader in high school and it was his dream school since he was a little kid. He had offers as a five star from Alabama, Oregon, FSU, Miami, Nebraska, Michigan (our potential HC), Florida, Clemson, Georgia, Ohio State, Arkansas, Vandy, South Carolina, Ole Miss, Maryland, Kentucky, Minnesota, Wake Forrest, Tennesee and East Carolina.

So he chose to go to UNC to play for a program that isn't nationally relevant where he'd be surrounded by less talent. Sounds like a great decision maker, lol.

Just now, NYRaider said:

So he chose to go to UNC to play for a program that isn't nationally relevant where he'd be surrounded by less talent. Sounds like a great decision maker, lol.

... Derek Carr went to Fresno State for similar reasons mate

Just now, Trojan said:

... Derek Carr went to Fresno State for similar reasons mate

Derek Carr was a high 3/low 4 star recruit that had offers from mid-major programs. Howell was a top 100 recruit with an offer from Alabama, he could've been great and won the Heisman just like Bryce Young according to @ronjon1990 but he chose the harder path.

Just now, NYRaider said:

Derek Carr was a high 3/low 4 star recruit that had offers from mid-major programs. Howell was a top 100 recruit with an offer from Alabama, he could've been great and won the Heisman just like Bryce Young according to @ronjon1990 but he chose the harder path.

He essentially lives at the practice facility and studies hours of film constantly. Never has smoked or drank is fully focused on football when he has everything lined up to be the state's football hero and live a party life. Not everyone needs or should go to Bama. He went to rebuild his local school and put them back in relevance. NC is not a nothing school and has pretty frequently produced NFL talent. With Mack Brown becoming coach when he committed it was a top college coach from Texas as well.

Derek Carr was a high 4 star recruit that was essentially committed to Fresno State when he was a little kid.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Trojan said:

He essentially lives at the practice facility and studies hours of film constantly. Never has smoked or drank is fully focused on football when he has everything lined up to be the state's football hero and live a party life. Not everyone needs or should go to Bama. He went to rebuild his local school and put them back in relevance. NC is not a nothing school and has pretty frequently produced NFL talent. With Mack Brown becoming coach when he committed it was a top college coach from Texas as well.

Derek Carr was a high 4 star recruit that was essentially committed to Fresno State when he was a little kid.

I wonder why he went there over Alabama where he would've been guaranteed a Heisman? @ronjon1990

Carr was a fringe top 400 recruit that didn't have any offers from major programs.

I'm moreso poking fun at Ronny boy. Howell is a solid prospect, he showed some grit and he's pretty mobile. Just don't think he's a fit with us if we're going to extend Carr. We have too many holes at other spots to take a QB in round 1 to sit behind Carr for the foreseeable future.

Edited by NYRaider

1 minute ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

So you rather have a QB who's out of the NFL in 6 years over a HOF WR??

What player in NFL history has been a college QB and then become a HOF WR? The Ravens were 7-4 with Lamar this season, the wheels came off when he got hurt.

57 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

So why didn't he go to a program with a ton of talent around him? He wanted to play for a bad team and lose millions of dollars?

I don't know, you tell me. You say him going to NC means he wasn't very good, yet say where someone goes isn't an indicator of their talent and say it's irrelevant when I point out the numerous QBs that played at smaller schools. 

Pick an argument and stick with it. 

Edited by ronjon1990

50 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

I don't know, you tell me. You say him going to NC means he wasn't very good, yet say where someone goes isn't an indicator of their talent and say it's irrelevant when I point out the numerous QBs that played at smaller schools. 

Pick an argument and stick with it. 

What about Howell makes him a great prospect? He's a less accurate, more mobile Baker Mayfield Jr. If he went to UNC, Alabama, or LV Community College that wouldn't change anything, lol. Only if his mommy and daddy were different people my son, some day I'll teach you about the birds and bees.

2 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

DC didn't regress actually should have been in the heisman hunt. He made Devante Adams a superstar. Derek Carr is a legend in the city of Fresno. 

Derek Carr folded against USC in the Holiday Bowl which is why he wasn't a first round pick.