2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

Weak DT class at top, but there are a few players in later rounds that could become gems. 

Uconn DT Travis Jones is one I got my eye on. I'd take him in the mid-rounds. Big boy that offers a bit of pass rushing ability. For all the Jordan Davis fans, this would be a great selection at a discounted price. 

14 minutes ago, OldManWillis said:

Weak DT class at top, but there are a few players in later rounds that could become gems. 

Uconn DT Travis Jones is one I got my eye on. I'd take him in the mid-rounds. Big boy that offers a bit of pass rushing ability. For all the Jordan Davis fans, this would be a great selection at a discounted price. 

Travis Jones, Zachary Carter, and Winfrey from Oklahoma.

14 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Interior Oline value can be had later in the draft.  Look what KC did last year when they took Humphrey in the 2nd and Trey Smith in the 6th. 

The only way you spend a 1st on interior Oline is if that prospect is in the realm of Q Nelson.  

Yeah I will absolutely KMS if we spend another 1st round pick on a guard. 

Trey Smith would've went a lot higher but he has some crazy medical condition. But as long as Mayock is drafting it doesn't matter where we take any player, they're likely going to be pretty terrible, lol.

44 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Yeah I will absolutely KMS if we spend another 1st round pick on a guard. 

Trey Smith would've went a lot higher but he has some crazy medical condition. But as long as Mayock is drafting it doesn't matter where we take any player, they're likely going to be pretty terrible, lol.

There is no way Mayock should be our GM going forward.  Terrible FA signings and horrendous drafting has given us a below average roster.  Completely unacceptable considering the draft capital he has had since starting as our GM.

I am shocked we made the playoffs and there is no question we had the worst overall roster of any team in there and it wasn't close.  Heart and grit cannot be defined on paper and this team had that which was surprising considering the team has flat out quit mid season for over 20 years.  Hopefully we can upgrade our coaching and talent this offseason but continue to play with the same toughness and fire next year.

Edited by Frankie2Gunz
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

There is no way Mayock should be our GM going forward.  Terrible FA signings and horrendous drafting has given us a below average roster.  Completely unacceptable considering the draft capital he has had since starting as our GM.

I am shocked we made the playoffs and there is no question we had the worst overall roster of any team in there and it wasn't close.  Heart and grit cannot be defined on paper and this team had that which was surprising considering the team has flat out quit mid season for over 20 years.  Hopefully we can upgrade our coaching and talent this offseason but continue to play with the same toughness and fire next year.

Yeah we've wasted like $400M on 1st round picks and free agent signings that didn't work out. Mayock's one selling point was that he was a "draft guru" he literally had never worked in a front office. And he has wasted more premium draft picks than probably any GM in NFL history.

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Yeah we've wasted like $400M on 1st round picks and free agent signings that didn't work out. Mayock's one selling point was that he was a "draft guru" he literally had never worked in a front office. And he has wasted more premium draft picks than probably any GM in NFL history.

Exactly, if he doesn’t get fired for his incompetence then something is going on that we’re missing. Keeping him as GM would make no sense and would show me that Mark Davis is also incompetent! 

15 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Exactly, if he doesn’t get fired for his incompetence then something is going on that we’re missing. Keeping him as GM would make no sense and would show me that Mark Davis is also incompetent! 

Yeah with the assets we had when Mayock took over we could've been one of the most talented teams in the league.

Everyone is in love with Jameson Williams and Drake London but I want Dotson and would take him over either. Look at the rookie WR's that had the biggest impact this year...

Jamar Chase (6'0 200), Jaylen Waddle (5'10 185), DeVonta Smith (6'0 170), Amon Ra. St Brown (6'0 195), and Elijah Moore (5'10" 180).

Edited by NYRaider

16 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Everyone is in love with Jameson Williams and Drake London but I want Dotson and would take him over either. Look at the rookie WR's that had the biggest impact this year...

Jamar Chase (6'0 200), Jaylen Waddle (5'10 185), DeVonta Smith (6'0 170), Amon Ra. St Brown (6'0 195), and Elijah Moore (5'10" 180).

who would you compare his game to? I would love to add a wideout like Elijah Moore or Toney

4 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

both those guys are ballers. our offense needs more weapons, period. 

Dotson like DJ/Lockett isn't the biggest guy but he has the long speed to beat you deep, excellent hands, is a crafty route runner, and is extremely quick in and out of his breaks.