2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

1 minute ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Wasn't Carr your sig a few weeks ago?  hahah  You crack me up. 

I want Carr back with more weapons around him. You almost act as though you want us to skip addressing WR so if Carr comes up short you have a built in excuse. 

Just now, Frankie2Gunz said:

The guys literally has no clue what he is talking about.  He is entertaining when I need to kill time though :)

Mike Williams has 2,900 yards over the last 3 seasons despite being a very low volume player. He's good and will get paid this offseason. 

There is a massive difference between good and one of the best WR's in the NFL.  You do understand that distinction correct? 

Yes I do but he was 12th in yards and 8th in TDs. So I'd say that this year he was one of the best WR's in the NFL. He just absolutely fried our defense two weeks ago, lol.

Just now, NYRaider said:

I want Carr back with more weapons around him. You almost act as though you want us to skip addressing WR so if Carr comes up short you have a built in excuse. 

I wan't to build a winning franchise for the next decade.  If a WR is BPA and turns out to be a stud I have no issues with that.  I wan't good value in FA and to make good draft picks.

I do not want any more bust picks and FA signings.  If a 3T is the BPA I want him, if it's a CB I want him, if it's a guard like Nelson I want him...

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Yes I do but he was 12th in yards and 8th in TDs. So I'd say that this year he was one of the best WR's in the NFL. He just absolutely fried our defense two weeks ago, lol.

The guys has been a 1st round bust and you call him one of the best WR's in the NFL.  WTF am I missing here? 

4 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Olave is a very polished route runner.  He fits all the boxes of a “should be successful 1st RD WR”.  That said…. I think he’d be best as a late 1st, early 2nd.  I just don’t see WR1.  More Like a very good WR2, almost a WR1 but not.

that’s just by gut feeling.

he could be justin jefferson of draft. ..

but i want burks because he just looks like maybe he can be a aj brown type wr

1 minute ago, roi34 said:

so his best season with a gun slinger makes him a top wr in the league? guy fell off after first half quite a bit. Id rather have renfrow

Yeah… Signing Mike Williams To a big money multi Year deal Would absolutely scare me. 

sure At the end of the year his stats totalled Up real nice but far too Often he only Has 30-60 Yds.  The Games he goes over 100yds He’s being targeted 16-17x.  It takes that many targets because his catch % is so poor.

I wan't to build a winning franchise for the next decade.  If a WR is BPA and turns out to be a stud I have no issues with that.  I wan't good value in FA and to make good draft picks.

I do not want any more bust picks and FA signings.  If a 3T is the BPA I want him, if it's a CB I want him, if it's a guard like Nelson I want him...

But you were just arguing against WR because they aren't good value picks. Tell the Bengals that, they had a huge hole at OT and took Chase over Sewell. And Chase single handedly destroyed us in a playoff game, bad value tho.

The guys has been a 1st round bust and you call him one of the best WR's in the NFL.  WTF am I missing here? 

2,900 yards over the last 3 seasons is a first round bust? That's more than Waller, Renfrow, or any player on our roster, lol.

Just now, roi34 said:

he could be justin jefferson of draft. ..

but i want burks because he just looks like maybe he can be a aj brown type wr

He very well could be.  I simply have a gut feeling on him.  That said being a very good WR2 ain’t bad.  

yeah, I like Burks size and physicality after the catch.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

But you were just arguing against WR because they aren't good value picks. Tell the Bengals that, they had a huge hole at OT and took Chase over Sewell. And Chase single handedly destroyed us in a playoff game, bad value tho.

You have no clue what you are talking about.  I have stated many times on here I would be happy with Gardner, Booth, Wilson or Williams with our pick.  Historically WR's in the 1st round have been bad value.  Out of the 5 or so that will go in the 1st this year 2 may pose good value.  If we go WR I hope one of the tow is wearing Silver and Black.