2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

Im Just going to break down his stance once more time because I tend to agree with it:

carr often is slow to trust young WRs.  Rookies often aren’t super productive year 1.  We need a WR1 for next year.  Going the FA Route gives us the best chance at production.  If the right WR is there (Wilson or williams) he’d take them But if not he’d prefer to Wait.

2 minutes ago, roi34 said:

what we do with Abram will be key too.. do we shift him to lb? let him go? id like a real cover safety with moehrig

I think if Bradley goes we HAVE to move to a 2 High safety scheme.  That pushes Abram to a LB or hybrid role.

I wouldn’t form A scheme Around trying to find a place for Abram…. But I do want to see a lot of 3 safety formations and I think a creative DC could get  lot of value out of Abram.  

• Like 1

Just now, jimkelly02 said:

Im Just going to break down his stance once more time because I tend to agree with it:

carr often is slow to trust young WRs.  Rookies often aren’t super productive year 1.  We need a WR1 for next year.  Going the FA Route gives us the best chance at production.  If the right WR is there (Wilson or williams) he’d take them But if not he’d prefer to Wait.

Pretty much spot on.  I would like to sign Chark on a FA value deal, not sure it will happen because if I am high on him I'm sure other GM's will be too.  A 25 YO, 6'3 WR who runs a 4.3 and has been hampered with poor QB play his whole career, what GM would't look hard at signing him.

Now say we sign Chark and don't sign another WR I still would not be opposed to drafting Williams or Wilson if they are BPA when it's our time to draft.  

A WR corp of Chark, WIlliams/Wilson, Renfrow, Edwards and Jones would turn a glaring weakness into a strength!

1 minute ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Pretty much spot on.  I would like to sign Chark on a FA value deal, not sure it will happen because if I am high on him I'm sure other GM's will be too.  A 25 YO, 6'3 WR who runs a 4.3 and has been hampered with poor QB play his whole career, what GM would't look hard at signing him.

Now say we sign Chark and don't sign another WR I still would not be opposed to drafting Williams or Wilson if they are BPA when it's our time to draft.  

A WR corp of Chark, WIlliams/Wilson, Renfrow, Edwards and Jones would turn a glaring weakness into a strength!

The only Problem I see with Chark is he Probably isn’t cheap and I’d be a little Afraid to sign him long term.

2 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

The only Problem I see with Chark is he Probably isn’t cheap and I’d be a little Afraid to sign him long term.

I agree he won't be cheap but I'm not concerned about him long term other than he has had injury concerns. 

I would be open to a 2 year 20 million dollar deal but I'm not sure that would get it done.  

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

25 minutes ago, roi34 said:

what we do with Abram will be key too.. do we shift him to lb? let him go? id like a real cover safety with moehrig

I think he moves to linebacker. Before his draft, I considered him a weak-side linebacker. We've seen a lot of similar prospects makes the switch successfully. And, he basically played linebacker as a box safety this season. He looked great coming downhill.

Edited by Rich7sena
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

I was thinking 1yr, 9-12m.  Or 2y,20 with only a small guaranteed 2nd year in case it doesn’t work out.

I would be all for it and it would make sense for Chark too. 

He goes to a team where he will be the number 1 WR with a good QB.  If he comes here and preforms then we can sign him to a multi year extension.

42 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

You clearly lack comprehension.  I have said numerous times of the players I have looked at Gardner, Booth, Williams and Wilson all appear to be studs who I would be happy with.  You do realize that two of those 4 players are WR's.

Wr's in the 1st have a high bust rate and my point is whoever our GM is better be damn sure he is taking a Jefferson and not a Corey Coleman if we go WR. 

I was referring to Mike Williams / Amari Cooper. And if he takes a CB hopefully it's not another Gareon Conley, DJ Hayden, or Damon Arnette. We've missed on CB's early way more than we've missed on WR early. 

29 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I agree he won't be cheap but I'm not concerned about him long term other than he has had injury concerns. 

I would be open to a 2 year 20 million dollar deal but I'm not sure that would get it done.  

Nelly got $13M, Chark will get at least that, imo.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

The only WR1's that we realistically have a chance at are guys like Allen Robinson and possibly Chris Godwin if we overpay them.