2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

3 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

He projected to go late 1st early 2nd. I would hardly call that a “slept on player”.

He's largely considered like the 5th or 6th best WR in the draft when he has a legitimate chance to be an All-Pro, elite caliber player.

Draft Dotson in the 1st, sign MSV to a 1 year prove it deal, bring back Tyron Johnson/Zay Jones

WR1: Dotson | Jones | Johnson

WR2: MSV | Edwards

Slot: Renfrow

I think that group would be very good for us next year. Dotson has the speed to take the top off the defense, can play inside/out, and has the route running/speed/hands to be a day one contributor. MSV is 6'5" with legitimate 4.3 speed that has been one of the better deep threats in the league. Ideally Edwards takes another leap next year, Zay is a good depth piece, and Johnson has potential plus plays special teams. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

I personally think Dotson is the best WR in the class. He just fits the mold of guys that have been balling lately. 

Nah, bro, you can't sit here in the same exact thread talking about how you can't judge incoming guys based on the success/failure of guys who came before and then turn around and do just that without getting called out for it. Get that ish outta here 😉

1 minute ago, ronjon1990 said:

Nah, bro, you can't sit here in the same exact thread talking about how you can't judge incoming guys based on the success/failure of guys who came before and then turn around and do just that without getting called out for it. Get that ish outta here 😉

I am not saying that he will be great because of anyone else. I think he can be great because he has great hands, legitimate 4.4 speed, and is arguably the best route runner in the class. He hasn't received a ton of hype this year because he doesn't play at Alabama or Ohio State, but Dotson is a baller.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

I am not saying that he will be great because of anyone else. I think he can be great because he has great hands, legitimate 4.4 speed, and is arguably the best route runner in the class. He hasn't received a ton of hype this year because he doesn't play at Alabama or Ohio State, but Dotson is a baller.

"fits the mold of guys who have been balling lately" is literally saying because he reminds you of guys who came before....but ok

1 minute ago, ronjon1990 said:

"fits the mold of guys who have been balling lately" is literally saying because he reminds you of guys who came before....but ok

Guys that are quick in and out of their breaks, have game breaking speed, run good routes and have great hands typically tend to be good in the NFL.

Edited by NYRaider

26 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

22. Trayvon Walker | DL | Georgia

53. John Metchie | WR | Alabama

86. Andrew Stueber | OT | Michigan

122. Cade Mayes | OG | Tennessee 

162. Troy Anderson | LB | Montana State

163. Isaac Taylor-Stuart | CB | USC

Love Travon Walker. Can play all over the DL. Would rather have him than Davis.

• Like 1

If someone like Tee Higgins is who we want then look no further than Justyn Ross. He is a year separated from a terrible injury. Last year was clearly rusty. And had terrible QB play. But up until the injury was better than Higgins in the same system. Biggest thing is he can be had later in the draft. Another off-season of healing and he could be trouble.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I don't know a thing about Dotson.  If we get him do you see us utilizing him in the same way we used Ruggs and what do you expect his 40 time to be? If he is to go in the 1st he needs to run sub 4.35

At 5'11 and 180 he better have elite speed, lateral quickness, and great hands to return value in the 1st round.  

Dotson should run sub 4.35. He's a great catcher as well. He's probably the best deep threat not named Williams that will go in the first couple days. 

• Like 1