2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

1 minute ago, jimkelly02 said:

Almost makes us wish McKenzie never left.  He wasn’t great but we never had dead cap and what he did to get us out of cap heck and into very good cap shape was amazing and way overlooked.

Reggie was excellent at managing the cap and structuring contracts, he just missed on so many picks.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Trojan said:

What would Carr get in a trade? 1st this year, 2nd/conditionally1st next?

1st 2020, 1st 2021 and nothing less IMO 

the team Trading for him would inevitably resign him immediately.  I think his strong finish upped his value and his low ‘22 cap space adds a lot of value for a team trading for him, As their getting basically $15M discount on the first year of his new contract.

Edited by jimkelly02

12 minutes ago, Trojan said:

What would Carr get in a trade? 1st this year, 2nd/conditionally1st next?

At the minimum. Biggest problem with getting rid of Carr is the same as always. Who do you replace him with. I'm not a fan of his. BUT I do not want to go through another Andrew Walter, Marcus Tuiasasopo, Kerry Collins, Carson Palmer, JaMarcus Russell ect ect ect. What Carr haters really need to realize. Is that there are much MUCH worse options. And also it doesn't matter who comes in they will not be perfect and as such there will always be detractors. And most likely THEY will be the detractors. Carr lovers or rather apologist need to realize that he is not Elite. He never will be. He is average and usually above average (the last few seasons at least) But he will never be elite most likely. He will always be that top 15 to 20 guy. That being said that is not terrible. There are teams that have been searching for years HOPING for a top 15 to 20 guy. Hell we were one of them. Anyway my point is. I am so tired of the ship Carr stuff with no legit replacement in mind. Just "someone better, a playmaker, a difference maker" well duh man. Every team in the league is looking for that dude. There ain't 65 dudes that fit that description just chillinm and waiting for us to call. They are hard to find. That's why I have been wishing every year we would take at least 1 guy round 3ish maybe 4ish maybe even in the 2nd. But take one every 2 to 3 years until you find your guy. Meanwhile Carr will be being Carr. THAT is how you replace him. Formulate a plan and find your man. Then you ship Carr. Should have been happening since his 2nd to 3rd year tbh. And should be done in the future. Because even if you do get that elite guy. And then get a Carr. That's more trade firepower.

Edited by BigD1123

2 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

It’s called myocarditis, Einstein!

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/safety/myocarditis.html

The CDC’s Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices said that there’s a “likely association” between the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines and reported cases of heart inflammation. This inflammation may occur in the heart muscle (myocarditis) or in the outer lining of the heart (pericarditis).

The safety group reports that the majority of cases have occurred in people 30 years old and under, mostly in males, and more often than not, inflammation occurred after the second dose of the vaccine. “

https://www.yalemedicine.org/news/myocarditis-coronavirus-vaccine

It’s happened enough in young males within a week of the vaccine that the CDC had to Address it publicly.

but yeah I’m a crackpot… it’s not that your just uneducated on the issue

Covid death rate is so minimal it doesnt even matter. .  but this thing that is (I am guessing here) also minimal is on my side of the argument so look at it!?!?!
Anyways back to football. 

20 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Yeah I was listening to someone talk about Mayock being fired and they said it's not even just about the picks, look at the Raiders books.

I’m still mystified by the restructures last year. We restructured all of the expendable players and married ourselves to them for an extra year. Good riddance Mayock 

3 minutes ago, BigD1123 said:

At the minimum. Biggest problem with getting rid of Carr is the same as always. Who do you replace him with. I'm not a fan of his. BUT I do not want to go through another Andrew Walter, Marcus Tuiasasopo, Kerry Collins, Carson Palmer, JaMarcus Russell ect ect ect. What Carr haters really need to realize. Is that there are much MUCH worse options. And also it doesn't matter who comes in they will not be perfect and as such there will always be detractors. And most likely THEY will be the detractors. Carr lovers or rather apologist need to realize that he is not Elite. He never will be. He is average and usually above average (the last few seasons at least) But he will never be elite most likely. He will always be that top 15 to 20 guy. That being said that is not terrible. There are teams that have been searching for years HOPING for a top 15 to 20 guy. Hell we were one of them. Anyway my point is. I am so.tired of the ship Carr stuff with no lefit replacement in mind. Just "someone better, a playmaker, a difference maker" well duh man. Every team in the league is looking for that dude. There ain't 65 dudes that fit that description just chillinm and waiting for us to call. They are hard to find. That's why I have been wishing every year we would take at least 1 guy round 3ish maybe 4ish maybe even in the 2nd. But take one every 2 to 3 years until you find your guy. Meanwhile Carr being Carr. THAT is how you replace him. Formulate a plan and find your man.

Give me James Winston as a bridge QB and Bryce Young in 2023. 

13 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Reggie was excellent at managing the cap and structuring contracts, he just missed on so many picks.

Your absolutely right.  Looking back on Mayock i think he failed because we handicapped him by not giving him the full power a GM should and that factored into his decision to allow Coordinators and Position coaches to lend too much influence on “HIS” picks.

A few Years ago he said several times something like “my job is to get our coaches the player the players they need to Succeed”.  I believe he drafted Ferrell because Guenther wanted him, as he was suppose to be the big DE that PG likes in the Michael Johnson / Carlos Dunlop role.  It’s basically a known fact that Cable wanted Leatherwood.  I believe he listened to PG demand a CB and reached for Arnette.  I think he was so much money successful in later rounds because he got back to the evaluation process and scouting.  

mayock had the talent to succeed but his inability to be in charge and his desire to satisfy Coordinators and Coaches, who are thinking year to year, is what caused his failure.  

Just now, jpaulthe1st said:

I’m still mystified by the restructures last year. We restructured all of the expendable players and married ourselves to them for an extra year. Good riddance Mayock 

What did we even do with the money we created? lol

1 minute ago, jpaulthe1st said:

So suck again and HOPE for a pick high enough to get him? Doesn't seem like a fool proof plan.

1 minute ago, jimkelly02 said:

mayock had the talent to succeed but his inability to be in charge and his desire to satisfy Coordinators and Coaches, who are thinking year to year, is what caused his failure.  

And I think the biggest reason for that was because he was always second fiddle to Gruden and all of the guys feeding him information were guys that Gruden hired. So by proxy those were Gruden's guys and he felt the need to get them who they wanted.

3 minutes ago, BigD1123 said:

So suck again and HOPE for a pick high enough to get him? Doesn't seem like a fool proof plan.

Not a foolproof plan at all but I still think Jameis can be a successful QB in this league. If he flops then we’ll be in a position to draft our QBOTF. 

Edited by jpaulthe1st