2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

12 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I like Carr, I just pray we improve the OL and get him some legitimate weapons this offseason. I want Dotson and MSV.

I don't know a thing about Dotson.  If we get him do you see us utilizing him in the same way we used Ruggs and what do you expect his 40 time to be? If he is to go in the 1st he needs to run sub 4.35

At 5'11 and 180 he better have elite speed, lateral quickness, and great hands to return value in the 1st round.  

Just now, Frankie2Gunz said:

I don't know a thing about Dotson.  If we get him do you see us utilizing him in the same way we used Ruggs and what do you expect his 40 time to be? If he is to go in the 1st he needs to run sub 4.35

At 5'11 and 180 he better have elite speed, lateral quickness, and great hands to return value in the 1st round.  

I'm not sure if he'll have 4.3 speed but he plays fast and was a state champion sprinter in the 100m, 200m, and I believe the 400m dashes. He has great hands and is arguably the best route runner in the class. He has the speed to take the top off of the defense but he is Renfrow-esque in his ability to somehow get open. 

Out of like the 15 most productive WR's in the league this season only one, Tyreek Hill, has game changing 4.3 speed, and maybe Jamar Chase. 

He had 91 receptions and 12 this season with mediocre QB play at Penn State, kid is just a gamer.

8 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I'm no expert. But the kid is legit for sure. He runs really good routes and has some nice hands. He seems to attack the ball rather than wait for it. He is also trouble in space. That being said I don't care who we get or what position. Just please please please draft bpa. And it would be nice to have one draft where I don't have to Google who we picked in round 1 or 2.

• Like 1

Just now, BigD1123 said:

I'm no expert. But the kid is legit for sure. He runs really good routes and has some nice hands. He seems to attack the ball rather than wait for it. He is also trouble in space. That being said I don't care who we get or what position. Just please please please draft bpa. And it would be nice to have one draft where I don't have to Google who we picked in round 1 or 2.

If Dotson played at Alabama or Ohio State, he'd be considered WR1.

10 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I'm not sure if he'll have 4.3 speed but he plays fast and was a state champion sprinter in the 100m, 200m, and I believe the 400m dashes. He has great hands and is arguably the best route runner in the class. He has the speed to take the top off of the defense but he is Renfrow-esque in his ability to somehow get open. 

Out of like the 15 most productive WR's in the league this season only one, Tyreek Hill, has game changing 4.3 speed, and maybe Jamar Chase. 

He had 91 receptions and 12 this season with mediocre QB play at Penn State, kid is just a gamer.

The NFL is much more physical than what he saw at Penn State.  Do you see him as a number 1 WR in the NFL and how do you see us using him? 

Say we draft him and dont address WR in FA, he comes here as a number 1 WR.  I'm going off the top of my head but the only #1 I can think of who was 5'11 or under over the last decade that didn't possess sub 4.3 speed was AB and he was one of the most technical route runners ever and had world class hand/ ball skills.  

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

3 minutes ago, BigD1123 said:

When we selected Arnette I was like who the **** is this guy? 

• Like 1

Just now, Frankie2Gunz said:

The NFL is much more physical than what he saw at Penn State.  Do you see him as a number 1 WR in the NFL and how do you see us using him? 

Say we draft him and dont address WR in FA, he comes here as a number 1 WR.  I'm going off the top of my head but the only #1 I can think of who was 5'11 or under over the last decade that didn't possess sub 4.3 speed was AB and he was one of the most technical route runners ever.  

I think that he can be a #1 WR, for sure. I think one of the most appealing parts of his game is his versatility, he can play outside at either spot or in the slot. During his first two years as a starter he was used almost primarily as a deep threat. This year they did a much better job of getting him the ball in space which is why he had 91 receptions. 

Smaller WR's that have been good recently: 

Diontae Johnson (5'10 180, 4.53)

Deebo Sammuel (6'0" 205, 4.48)

Davonte Adams (6'1" 200, 4.56)

Stefon Diggs (6'0" 190, 4.56)

The list goes on.

2 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

You're saying he would have been the #1 on either of those teams that had WIlliams, Olave and Wilson? I find that hard to believe. 

I could actually see it. The dude is a baller. He kind of reminds me of Brown. Funny that you mentioned him a few comments ago.

3 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

You're saying he would have been the #1 on either of those teams that had WIlliams, Olave and Wilson? I find that hard to believe. 

Williams couldn't even see the field his first two seasons at Ohio State. The NFL isn't about statistics, it's about projection. Jeudy was more productive than Ruggs, Smith was more productive Waddle, who's games have translated better to the NFL?

Ohio State had a heisman candidate at QB that will eventually be a high draft pick. And when they payed he outproduced Olave/Wilson combined