2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

11 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

Mixon is better than Jacobs.

Mixon's production through his first three seasons was identical to Jacobs first three seasons. He also received his 4 yr/$48M extension coming off of a season that he played in 6 games. Jacobs isn't going to take a hometown discount.

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Mixon's production through his first three seasons was identical to Jacobs first three seasons. He also received his 4 yr/$48M extension coming off of a season that he played in 6 games. Jacobs isn't going to take a hometown discount.

Jacobs is also not going to get Mixon money because he's not as good.

Just now, Rich7sena said:

Jacobs is also not going to get Mixon money because he's not as good.

Mixon first 3 seasons: 3,801 yards, 21 TD

Jacobs first 3 seasons: 3,839 yards, 28 TD 

Mixon received his extension after a season that he missed 10 games with a broken foot while the salary cap was a major question mark. With the cap expected to rise tremendously and Jacobs being just as productive as Mixon, I don't see anyway he accepts less than $10-12M APY. 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Mixon first 3 seasons: 3,801 yards, 21 TD

Jacobs first 3 seasons: 3,839 yards, 28 TD 

Mixon received his extension after a season that he missed 10 games with a broken foot while the salary cap was a major question mark. With the cap expected to rise tremendously and Jacobs being just as productive as Mixon, I don't see anyway he accepts less than $10-12M APY. 

NFL teams don't box score scout.

6 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

NFL teams don't box score scout.

Jacobs is a former first round pick that has had 1,000+ yards in each of his first three seasons and hasn't had any major injury issues like Mixon. Mixon got paid a big deal during an off-season that the cap was in major flux. The salary cap is projected to skyrocket in the coming years, Jacobs agents know that. His 5th year option is $10M, if we decline it do you really think he's going to sign a multi-year deal here for less?

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Jacobs is a former first round pick that has had 1,000+ yards in each of his first three seasons and hasn't had any major injury issues like Mixon. Mixon got paid a big deal during an off-season that the cap was in major flux. The salary cap is projected to skyrocket in the coming years, Jacobs agents know that. His 5th year option is $10M, if we decline it do you really think he's going to sign a multi-year deal here for less?

It depends on what he fetches in the open market. If I'm the Raiders I offer him no more that $8 million per year. I think that's likely what other teams will offer, too. He simply isn't as good a player as Mixon. I think Melvin Gordon is a good comp in terms of value.

24 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I wouldn't give a single crap if Jacobs left 

12 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

It depends on what he fetches in the open market. If I'm the Raiders I offer him no more that $8 million per year. I think that's likely what other teams will offer, too. He simply isn't as good a player as Mixon. I think Melvin Gordon is a good comp in terms of value.

Melvin Gordon also signed his contract at 27 years old, Jacobs will be 24/25 when he hits the open market. Gordon also signed his deal when the cap was $182M, Jacobs will be hitting the market when the cap could be as high as $248M. At the time of Melvin Gordon's deal his salary accounted for 4.5% of Denver's total cap, if Jacobs signed a deal at 4.5% with the expected cap number he'd get around $11M APY. 

• Like 1